Dan Wesson CBOB - feed problems - again

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Ara, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Ara

Ara New Member

I recently purchased a Dan Wesson cbob and was having quite a bit of feeding issues (FTF and occasionally slide would stay open when magazine was still full).

After trying several magazines, 2 of which were brand new Wilson Combats, I shipped the gun back to DW for warranty repairs.

After 10 days, i received the gun back from DW.

I finally had a chance to take the newly "tuned" gun to the range today.

Out of 200 rounds (fmj factory ammo, 100 Rds of federal and 100 Rds of Remingtons) I encountered 5 failure to feeds. All of the failures occurred on the last round in the magazine.

The ftf happened with Wilson mags as well as the factory supplied magazines.

The gun was cleaned and well lubed.

Has anyone experienced such issues with Dan Wessons - or any other 1911s before?

Btw.. I shot 100 rds (same ammo), using the exact same magazines, with my kimber and did have a single failure.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

2. Ara

Ara New Member

Correction (typo): while using the same magazines with the kimber, I did not encounter any feed issues. Sorry about the typo!

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

All the rounds that failed were the last round.

That would have me looking at the slide stop. CZ should be made aware of that.

If you want to try a test, use the slide stop (temporarily) from the Kimber.

4. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Have you tried hotter loads??

5. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

For some reason my wifes Kimber 9MM doesnt like 115gr FMJ. When she uses 115gr she get FTF and FTE out the wazoo.. As soon as she feeds it 124 or 147gr there is no problems what so ever. Go figure...

6. Ara

Ara New Member

I only shot 230 gr fmj rounds.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The 115 may require a lighter recoil spring. They do not have as much "oomph" as the 124 or 147.