Damn Few...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jrl78, Mar 25, 2013.

1. jrl78

jrl78 New Member

I just purchased the book Damn Few and almost finished with it. Auto biography about a navy seal, rorke Denver, who also played in Act of Valor. Anyone interested in navy seals and they're training I highly suggest this book, awesome read!!!!

2. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Act of Valor is a must watch. Ive always been into the "frog men"

3. kaido

kaido New Member

I'm going to have to disagree with this post. I seem the movie in theatres and didn't really care much for it. I think they tried to much to appeal to the "gamers", I am on so no offence to any, with the shooters point of view. Don't get me wrong, it was kind of cool at first, but then they used it way to many times.

I might ended up getting a copy of a Damn Few though. Always liked reading.

4. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh yeah , a must see and a self check , makes you think..! Well Kaido got to have dramatics and appeal to the young movie goers , gamers.!

There is no better video than the imagination..! Movies are always a bit of a let down if the particular book was read before seeing the movie.!Just too limited to two + hours of trying to capture the essence of a book and the interests of targeted audiences.!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  5. racer_x

racer_x New Member

lol got me thinking watch it again today "netflix" at the ready

Have to look for the book heard some other reviews saying the book was real good too

6. jrl78

jrl78 New Member

Yeah the book is excellent. I know I'm a pretty tough guy but after I read this book I thought to myself, maybe I'm not so tough haha :)

7. willshoum

willshoum New Member

You should read the book, they wrote about the medics in all the wars............Oh there were no books of these HEROES............And they never faced the Enemy................... I aplaude the seals and special forces. But lets not forget the REST.................................They all suffered..........Including the wives and children left at home................

8. RUG3R44

RUG3R44 New Member

I liked the movie and applaud all of our military personnel.

9. jrl78

jrl78 New Member

I've been watching the mini series inside operation rescue on national geographic, they are a pretty amazing group of men as well.

10. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

They say, " You can't judge a book by its movie "...

I've been watching YouTube vids of an ex-SEAL named Shipley unmasking fake SEALs . Funny !
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Buds131

11. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

These videos are hilarious, I love when fakes get called out.