Daisy .22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by hareebrownbeest, Sep 10, 2012.

1. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

image-8923654.jpg

image-1637926017.jpg

image-3964204562.jpg

Had this rifle for awhile now. It shoots dead on with iron (plastic) sights but decided to get a scope for it today. I am missing the clip, it's very similar to a ruger but is a slight bit different. If anyone has any info on where to find a clip for this I'd appreciate it. I will keep looking though.

2. hareebrownbeest

Sorry it's a Daisy .22 Legacy, I know, Daisy??? The gun is mostly made of plastic, the butt extends with the push of a button (kinda cool), but like I said it shoots great all day long.

3. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I looked thru my old parts and checked some inventory sheets from the guys I swap obsolete parts with and got nothing. From what I can tell your best bet may be going thru boxes of misc gun parts and mags at gun shows and flea markets until you find one. I can't think of anywhere offhand you can order one from Numrich is out . Maybe call Daisy, maybe they could tell you where to find one.

4. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I got a funny story about one of those. I was driving to my friends house. and I had my daisy on the front seat , the magazine was fully loaded in the gun. not in the chamber though . and so I get pulled over and im like f@#k this is not good. So cop comes to my window. And see's the .22lr and he says ... hey gimmie that. and im like awww crap im goin to jail . So he looks at it . aims it towards some woods , and then he says " I had one of these when I was a kid , but I dont care if it's a bb gun you dont carry it on the front seat like that " and hands it back to me ... lets me go on whatever I got pulled for < i really dont remember why he pulled me > and lets me go. I was like :eek: THANK GOD FOR PLASTIC .22S THAT LOOK LIKE BB GUNS !!!! It had the octagonal barrel and collapsable buttstock as well.

Wish I had never got rid of that thing . It was a blast to shoot.

5. hareebrownbeest

That's a great story:) yeah it's a decent .22, shoots damn straight and has never had an issue , besides me losing the magazine. I just load one at at time, saves me on ammo anyway:)

6. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

seeing as theyre both 10 rd barrel mags as I remember maybe a 10/22 mag will work??

7. hareebrownbeest

Sorry to sound dumb but what's that? Are you talking about a ruger magazine? I've tried, it's very very close and I even tried to modify one and it didn't work.

8. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

" The only stupid question is the question not asked " - Unknown

Yes , I'm sorry I should've made myself more clear. The ruger 10/22 comes with a barrel magazine very similar to the daisy but if you tried that then that's a bummer.

9. hareebrownbeest

image-281428658.jpg

image-257206773.jpg

Here's that hex barrel your talking about. I read that they only made 200 of these. Is that true? Kinda seems like there's a lot out there.

10. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

11. hareebrownbeest

$60.00!!! I know man that's ridiculous. That will pay for a third of the bi pod I need for my 30.06!:) thanks for the info though. I'm happy just loading them 1 at a time:)

12. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Yeah pretty crazy expensive, they must be hard to find...

13. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

:eek: 200??? omg I shoulda kept it :( yes thats the exact same rifle i had

14. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Yeah pretty crazy expensive, they must be hard to find...

15. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Sorry about that dual post, I'm having problems connecting and sending.

16. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  17. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Good Lord, those things are like gold, wish I had a cupla thousand of em.

18. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member