Dad and I bought a couple FNP-40's today

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Txhillbilly, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

My dad's been wanting to get a new semi-auto handgun for a while,and since there was a gun show close to him,I called him and said Let's Go!
    I went and picked up my cousin Troy,and we went by and got dad,then went to the show.
    It wasn't a very big show,but right off the bat,one of the dealers had some guns that we liked.We looked at the Springfield XD's,Sig's,and FN's.
    Dad really liked the FNP-40 with the stainless slide,and decided to get it.It came with 3-10rd mags,and 1-14rd mag for $379,great price.

I had brought my Ruger Blackhawk Bisley-45LC along,and was trying to sell/trade it-since I rarely shoot it,and had a couple dealers interested in it.One of them finally gave in and paid me what I wanted,so I went back over to the dealer that dad bought his from,and bought a FNP-40 all black for the same price,and it also came with the same mags.

I think dad was a little mad! His purchase was DELAYED,so he can't get his gun for 3 days,but he hasn't bought any gun's in 20yrs.

Troy found a soft case for one of his pistols,so we all had a good day at the gun show.

Now I'll have to load up a bunch of 40S&W ammo,and take dad out to the range for some father and son fun time!

2. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Congrats. Great price indeed, you won't be disappointed.

3. glockcoma

glockcoma New Member

Congrats bro that was on my wish list also, i was looking for a nice 40 cal for my edc piece awhile back, it was between the fnp 40 usg and the glock 23. I felt 1 of the fnp up at my local dealer/range. Man it was a nice fit and feel im not gone lie but i went with the glock23 instead. Im already use to glocks i have the 17 also. I still want a sa/da pistol just to have, so now its out of the Fnp 40 or the Sig sp 2022 , but thats another topic.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I've been busy Spitty,and figured most know what they look like.Ain't nothin special about it,but I did fire 25rds out of it a couple hrs ago here at the house.I need some practice with it,the recoil of the 40S&W is just a little snappier than my 45's,and I'm hittting a little low/left with it.
    Nothing a little range time won't fix! It shoots very good though.

6. chewchew

chewchew New Member

I have an fnh 5.7X28 and a fn 45 tactical and really love them. I'm thinking about getting a fnx 40 for my pickup. You'll like FN's, I don't care what anyone says, they're damn good shooting guns and the ammo is resonable.