D.A. "Jelly" Bryce;the 'Bruce Lee' of combat handgunning

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by KalashnikovJosh, Jun 28, 2010.

1. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

"Jelly" Bryce was an Oklahoma cop and an FBI agent in the 1920's and 1930's.
    This man was fast.Like Bruce Lee fast.Only he used a .44 instead of a 1 inch punch.

[​IMG]

His draw and fire was clocked at two-fifths of a second.
    He killed 3 men in his first year as a cop,all of whom had the drop on him.

His story is worth a read not only for its value as entertainment (I'm sure we all love hearing of the old time gunfighters),but you could learn something as well.

Here it is-

The FBI'S Legendary Sharpshooter - Jelly Bryce

2. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO New Member

3. 995

995 New Member

Great read...........

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

Two of my point shooter heroes, Jelly Bryce and Bill Jordan! ("We don't need no stinkin' sights!)

In today's PC climate, Jelly would be on 'Administration Leave' while being investigated for shooting too many BG's.

5. KalashnikovJosh

6. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I knew Bill Jordan personally. I was in High School the last time I saw him, and he was truly amazing to watch. I miss that old man...

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Jerry, how ya been?

8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Seeing is Believing.....

Loved the read. But watch your back when you say that you can see the bullet as it goes to the target. There are nay sayers on this sight that say it's impossible. I guess they're just jealous. :eek::)

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

"What chu talking 'bout Wills?" :p

[​IMG]

Jack

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Please link the posts on this SITE where it shows MANY "nay sayers" on that?

11. KalashnikovJosh

Hey did his drawstroke go to a 3/4 hip position primarily?

12. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

i have anew hero thanks for the post

13. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Fascinating read, and thank for posting this!

14. KalashnikovJosh

You all are very welcome.:)

15. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Nay sayers

This is what I like about the people on this site. The ones that will admitt, and the ones that try to change what they meant. I feel sorry for the chineese american that just logged on. People cut his throat because he said certain things on this site!!! Give him the same respect you all would expect. HELL I LOVE CHINEESE FOOD. Can't we all get along and Kill the Enemy.:eek::)

16. Bighead

Bighead New Member

For anyone who is interested in learning more here is a link to Legendary Lawman: The Story of Quick Draw Jelly Bryce, by Ron Owens. Ron Owens is a retired Captain from the Oklahoma City Police Department who also authored Oklahoma Justice, a history of the OCPD and Oklahoma Heroes, and accounting of officer killed in the line of duty in Oklahoma.

Bryce is also the inspiration for the character D.A. Parker in the excellent fiction novel Hot Springs by Stephen Hunter.

[​IMG]

Amazon.com: Legendary Lawman: The Story of Quick Draw Jelly Bryce (9781596527577): Ron Owens: Books

17. MAGNUM44

MAGNUM44 New Member

The story

Thanks for posting the Jelly story I guess they broke the mold after he was born. what an intreasting guy & life he had?:cool: