CZ range report

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Gojubrian, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Went to the range today. It's only been a week since I purchased this pistol, but my inability to have range time til today made it seem much longer.

Here's the weapon.

[​IMG]

I am very pleased with this pistol, very pleased! I was using federal fmj's, and had no issues whatsoever. The only complaint I have is the magazine safety catch. It will not completely drop the magazine when you press the release button. The magazine drops about 1/4 of the way down and sort of gets tight.

I shot 20rds before taking the pictures. Total rounds fired = 125

7yard target, 10rds

[​IMG]

15 yards, 10rds

[​IMG]

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Dead bad guy 10 yards little more rapid fire (doubles and triples)

[​IMG]

25 yard OMG I can't even believe I hit it target!!

[​IMG]

I love this pistol and shall never part with it. It feels great in my hands, it was made just for me. Yes, you can shoot it if you visit me, just not very much. :D

I took my taurus pt111 and browning buckmark along as well. They didn't get a whole lot of range time and were sent back to their boxes feeling rejected and jealous.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

You have mentioned it has some heft to it; have you tested your pisto-whippin skills yet?
    :D

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Good shooting Goju, looks like a keeper. Check the grip screws on your CZ, they might be screwed in too tight and impeding the mag from dropping free. :)

Jack

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Ain't it great when you can confirm your purchase decision with FUN!!!

chickendance.gif

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

orangello,

Yes, I smacked the range owner right between the eyes to test that out then left him a tip. ;)

It does weigh 2.2lbs, but it helps the recoil management alot.

Jack,

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out. I also plan on getting the wrap around hogue grips. :)

Cane,

Exactly! I was all giddy on the range and can't wait for more range time. It can only get better as I 'break it in'. :cool:

7. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

HELL YES! That's what CZ's are about! I'm going to hold you to your statement " You'll never get rid of it"...

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I told you it was a great pistol. ;)

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Sh!t, now I want one!!

Nice shooting Goju!!

10. ChuckD

ChuckD New Member

Nice shootin! :) And a nice looking pistol!:D

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Really nice shooting Goju - especially for the first time with that pistol. Nice ten yard group you got going there.

Congrats on the purchase and thanks for posting the now required Range Report. :p

JD

12. ann1985

ann1985 New Member

Good shooting!!

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thanks and welcome to the forums! :)

14. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

Gojubrian,

The reason why the magazine safety catch behaves in that manner is because the magazine brake was adjusted to be that way as the factory default. If you read the manual it actually explains that, and the fact that you can adjust it any way you see fit from the factory default. If you prefer to have the magazines drop free, then all you need to do is adjust the magazine brake, and it should work the way you want it too. I too own a CZ75B, and will never turn away from it. When it came to the magazine brake issue rather than just adjusting it, I just went to the range on various weekends practicing at which point the magazine brake loosened up naturally over time. I hope this helps! :)

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thankyou sir! :)

Who would have thought to actually read the manual??? What the...!!!! :mad:

:D

16. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

this is my bullseye targets at 30 yards with my CZ shadow 9mm using my reloads consisting of vvn 330 and frontiers FMJ 125 grn.

the nice thing with CZ75b or most CZ 9mm is that they eat whatever throwed at them...cant say the same with their .40's calibers:rolleyes:...i never had any FTF or FTE....hmmmm...well , in fact , the past week-end i actually had FTE because it was 5 celsius at the outdoor rande i use to go, and i didn't had the correct lub for it, i think it slowed the cycling of the slide....i might go with some graphite lubricant as i should in the coolder weather.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I've read that about their 40's having many issues. :rolleyes:

I just wanted a decent range and home defense gun, so I stuck with what I could afford to shoot often.

The custom trigger from CZ will be after several hundred rounds.

Nice shootin at 30yards! Shows what the CZ's are capable of. I'll most likely stay within 15yards if even that far. My house isn't THAT big. :)

18. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm not brave enough to take my gun apart that far yet. I'm afraid I'll break something or won't be able to get it back together right,lol. :eek:

20. saber686

saber686 New Member

Thank you Major! Very well explained, and really, it's an easy fix IF you are armed with the knowledge. That's another CZer who's a little smarter, and that's a good thing.