CZ Rami..

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by SmokyMtnHiker, Feb 1, 2013.

1. SmokyMtnHiker

SmokyMtnHiker New Member

Anybody out there have one of these? Your thoughts & comments, good or bad, are welcomed. Looking at a sub-compact or pocket pistol for hot weather carry. Thanks.

2. gilfo

gilfo Member

I had the poly version. A bit heavy and bulky in my opinion. Sold it because of the DA/SA. I wanted a DA only because all my others are DA.
    All in all a good gun, I don't think you can go wrong if that is your preference.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I had a steel version in 9mm and I liked it a lot. Recoil was minimal and it was a nice size, if a touch wide.

4. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Good luck finding one (did you? :) ) I've had my name on a couple lists for a while. Heard and seen nothing but great things about the alloy version. Stay away from poly as I've read. Drawbacks to the rami - trying to find mags and a heavier than other sub-compacts, but it is alloy.

Looking forward to the Sig P227 SAS Carry when it comes out in a couple months too.

5. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

If it had an ambi safety I would own one. Every single CZ I have owned has been amazing. I do wish that they would make a single stack subcompact something around the size of a SIG P938

6. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Have you tried the BD (decocker) instead of the safety? I'm a lefty and its second nature now for me on my Sig and on the CZ when I've rented them.

7. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I thought about getting the decocker but I carry my other pistols cock and locked. I would like them all to be the same in that aspect. Thats one of the reasons I got rid of my Ruger LC9.

8. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I loved my P-01. The Rami is my idea of the near perfect carry gun. What's a Rami anyway?...sounds nine-eleven-ish.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  9. SmokyMtnHiker

SmokyMtnHiker New Member

Its the subcompact of CZs. The Rami is a collaboration of the designers' first 2 initials of their first name (Ra-mi) it looks like a great pocket pistol.

10. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I know the gun...the name had me perplexed. Thanks, never knew about the designers names.

11. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

In arabic it also mean archer or good marksman. Maybe just a kinda cool coincidence.