Cz p-09

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jakeball, Apr 7, 2014.

1. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Anyone shoot or own this gun? Looking at it for my next full size 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Nope. But I have quite a bit of experience with most other CZ pistols. This looks to be a full size version of the mid-sized 'P-07 Duty'.

I have zero concrete P-09 experience to fall back on, but I'd have a high degree of faith in the integrity and performance of this pistol. Looks like they often go for $500 or less. If my LGS has one near that price, I'm probably buying it. After seeing this post I may actually swing by Monday morning and see if they can get a line on one...no kidding. I like this.

CZ is among the bestest pistol manufacturers on this planet, IMO.

3. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Join us on CZTalk Forum, it's one of our sister sites

4. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

I have a P-09, and it flat out rocks. I am NOT the worlds greatest pistol shot, by far, get that out in front. :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0au0do2Nlvo[/ame]

Eats everything, and shoots straight.

[​IMG]

Looks great in custom leather. Even if it's not REALLY leather. ;)

[​IMG]

Fun to shoot - recoil even with SD ammo is LIGHT.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBCyp085XKs[/ame]

Co-starring with my Phantom on another range video I won't show here because it promotes my CZ website, and that would be wrong. But it shows the gun once again rocking like a hurricane...to steal a line from a famous song. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  5. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Ah man awesome. Dream handgun is the cz sp01 shadow target. Cant ever find them though.

6. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I'll have one, it's gonna take me a month or two to get it but I'll have one.

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I bought a 40sw P-09 a couple days after my post above.

Great gun. On par with the XDm (a personal favorite) for $200 less. The XDm has the benefit of a longer barrel and slightly cleaner trigger. The CZ P-09 comes with night sights. Otherwise they're quite similar.

For anyone saving their pennies for an XDm9 or XDm40...this could be an excellent alternative that saves you a few bucks.

Maybe I'm biased. I'm a huge CZ fan. But I'm also pretty bullish on XDm/XDs pistols.

8. nate913

nate913 New Member

I just got the CZ P09. Really wanted the mentioned above SP01 phantom but couldn't find one. I really do enjoy it, usually shoot clocks but have been shooting this now. I am having trouble trying to find a holster for it. Any ideals?? Also, if someone could post a link to the CZ talk forms that would be great. I have the 9mm ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1398831621.472158.jpg

9. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php is the best CZ forum. :) I am a little biased, but you DID ask.

The Phantom isn't easy to find, since it's discontinued...dagnabbit. I'l very glad I snagged one when I did, fantastic pistol.

TOP quality leather for the P-09 is at http://www.highnoonholsters.com/ They have all kinds of gear at all kinds of prices - I personally recommend the Down Under for CCW use, or the Slide Guard, (pictured above), for OWB carry. Also get a GOOD belt - High Noon carries the Rock Steady, a great rough and tough gun belt. These are not cheap, but they are worth every penny.

10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Whatchoo got against clocks? :confused: :p

11. nate913

nate913 New Member

Haha. meant Glocks!!