Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a CZ-09 (!) to round out my companion arsenal:

• Springfield Hellcat for everyday carry
  • Springfield XDM 45 Compact for targeted carry, home defense and backup woods gun loaded with Super 45
  • Glock 20 Gen 4 10mm for primary woods gun and trips into Philly where I would want to be able to just immediately shut down any trouble

Got the CZ-09 to have a high capacity 9mm and a 9mm range gun that should be more accurate than my snappy little Hellcat. Also, wanted to have a gun with double/single action that isn’t as expensive as a decent 1911.Was looking at Berettas and guess I could have gone that way, but most reviews place the CZ on equal footing and I saw one on gunbroker.com for $499.00 with no credit card fee and low shipping and grabbed it.

This gun got mixed reviews on the factory trigger. Can some of you more experienced CZ owners of the Omega trigger system weigh in on your experience?

·
Premium Member
13,152 Posts
Just ordered a CZ-09 (!) to round out my companion arsenal:

• Springfield Hellcat for everyday carry
  • Springfield XDM 45 Compact for targeted carry, home defense and backup woods gun loaded with Super 45
  • Glock 20 Gen 4 10mm for primary woods gun and trips into Philly where I would want to be able to just immediately shut down any trouble

Got the CZ-09 to have a high capacity 9mm and a 9mm range gun that should be more accurate than my snappy little Hellcat. Also, wanted to have a gun with double/single action that isn’t as expensive as a decent 1911.Was looking at Berettas and guess I could have gone that way, but most reviews place the CZ on equal footing and I saw one on gunbroker.com for $499.00 with no credit card fee and low shipping and grabbed it.

This gun got mixed reviews on the factory trigger. Can some of you more experienced CZ owners of the Omega trigger system weigh in on your experience?
You got a nice range gun. If I were going to mess with the trigger pull I would send it to Cajun Gun Works for a tune up. It is rumored that those old boys use Voodoo to get their triggers so sweet.

I have it's poor cousin, the 75B, and I am quite happy with the trigger right out of the box.

Reactions: PeeJay1313

·
Registered
557 Posts
These CZ pistols are simply excellent. No need to modify the trigger. It's perfect.

I'd rate these as top 5 defensive guns.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had a P07 for a while. It was ok. But I never fell in love with it.

Found the trigger a little gritty with a lot of stacking.

I prefer my various Beretta models.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had a P07 for a while. It was ok. But I never fell in love with it.

Found the trigger a little gritty with a lot of stacking.

I prefer my various Beretta models.
Well, the CZ has superior capacity, is more ergonomic, lighter weight, and has a superior mounted safety or decocker. The CZ wins in every category.

While triggers are subjective, people make far far too much out of trivial differences in COMBAT GUN triggers. If you get a dump of adrenaline it won't be noticed. And I feel the Omega trigger is one of the best factory DA/SA triggers available.

·
Premium Member
13,152 Posts
Well, the CZ has superior capacity, is more ergonomic, lighter weight, and has a superior mounted safety or decocker. The CZ wins in every category.

While triggers are subjective, people make far far too much out of trivial differences in COMBAT GUN triggers. If you get a dump of adrenaline it won't be noticed. And I feel the Omega trigger is one of the best factory DA/SA triggers available.
Well, I'll be damned, you an I are in full agreement on something. Mark that on you calendar. ;) I liked the 75B so much, I bought it's abandoned little brother, the Rami.

·
Registered
241 Posts

This isn’t really true though.

For instance the PX4 with stealth levers beats the P09 in ergonomics. Plus, with 20 round factory mags available, it has superior capacity. The P09 weighs 31 oz. while the PX4 weighs 3.3 oz (11%) less.

Also, the P0 series decocker is bulky and awkward if your trying to drop the slide by reaching the slide release with your primary hand thumb.

Meanwhile the inside-the-rails design of the CZ gives less grip space for racking.

I also agree too much attention gets paid to combat triggers. But since you insist on calling out the Omega for quality, I’m going to have to say that it’s flat out inferior to the PX4 trigger.

Beretta makes a bunch of factory options for the PX4 so you can tweak it exactly to your liking, which is nice.

Finally, the PX4 Compact Carry created by Langdon Tactical with those Beretta factory options is unquestionably the best compact 9mm DA/SA carry pistol on the market. Nothing else comes close.

The P09 isn’t a bad gun. It’s actually quite good. It’s just that certain Beretta models are better.

·
Registered
557 Posts
@TheDreadnought
I had been thinking of the 92 series, metal frame, poor factory capacity vs. size ratio, etc...

You make some fair points on the PX4, which I'm literally just discovering. I had never paid any attention to it and it was fully off my radar until recently. I just acquired one this week after being so impressed having shot my friend's a month ago.

In fairness, you have to spend a lot more coin to get the PX4 up to par as you've described replacing parts and getting 20 rd mags, etc. Ergos are subjective and the P07/P09 are still more comfortable and I prefer frame mounted decockers over slide mounted. I will fairly say the PX4 recoil impulse is maybe the best of any pistol I've ever shot. But that was just 1-2 mags worth so I have more testing to do. But it was so impressive I bought the first one I found reasonably priced...

I'd put them in the "peer" category, or really too close to call between them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
@TheDreadnought
I had been thinking of the 92 series, metal frame, poor factory capacity vs. size ratio, etc...

You make some fair points on the PX4, which I'm literally just discovering. I had never paid any attention to it and it was fully off my radar until recently. I just acquired one this week after being so impressed having shot my friend's a month ago.

In fairness, you have to spend a lot more coin to get the PX4 up to par as you've described replacing parts and getting 20 rd mags, etc. Ergos are subjective and the P07/P09 are still more comfortable and I prefer frame mounted decockers over slide mounted. I will fairly say the PX4 recoil impulse is maybe the best of any pistol I've ever shot. But that was just 1-2 mags worth so I have more testing to do. But it was so impressive I bought the first one I found reasonably priced...

I'd put them in the "peer" category, or really too close to call between them.
I’d say that’s a fair assessment.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
I do not have a CZ or a Beretta. There defiantly on my list to own. I have two firearms i always carry(hypothetically). My sidearm and backup.. Anytime I hit the range, these are the first I practice with. Then everything after that is for fun. I don't rotate my carries or carry position. I train with them, I practice with them. Yes I realize circumstances alter things. And we all need to learn to adapt. But my primary is "this"... Then adapt. Glad you're versatile. Just practice versatility, and quick adaptability.. Your a planner..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts