CZ P 07 came in

Discussion in 'CZ Forum' started by windjammer69, May 30, 2020.

1. windjammer69

windjammer69 Well-Known Member

I made a discovery today at the gun range, I accidentally put a Shadow 2 mag into the P07. It locked in place, so I chambered a round and proceeded to fire all the rounds. This gives me three mag that hold 17 rounds for the P07 along with the two 14 round mags it came with. For a total of 79 rounds.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  2. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

For those that care I can tell you from experience responds very well the CGW spring / trigger kit. It is pretty spendy but the difference is VERY noticeable. Smoothed DA pull tremendously; reduced SA pull to the standard 3.5-4 pound mark for carry and made reset very tactile and much shorter. Turned my $450 P-07 into a $700 gun but man does it feel so much better shooting it.

towboater and Rifling82 like this.

3. windjammer69

Just an update, after 500 rounds the accuracy is just getting better. 20200924_135358.jpg This is 25 from 25 ft. 20200924_135440.jpg
    And 10 from 45 ft.

armoredman and Rifling82 like this.
  4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Dearly love mine.

But AFTER $100 worth of work on the trigger.

oO_Rogue_Oo and Rifling82 like this.
  5. windjammer69

I just recieved a Mcarbo trigger spring kit 20201009_164340.jpg
    I will also do a lot of polishing on the P07 trigger parts. Kit and polishing kit was only $48.

SSGN_Doc and Rifling82 like this.
  6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Look forward to a report of before and after trigger results.

7. windjammer69

First worked on the slide, polished the bottom of the firing pin block, and installed new spring on it. Then replaced the firing pen spring, and installed the high strength firing pin retaining roll pin.

Rifling82 likes this.
  8. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds like it's coming together.

I've got an H&K P30 that I purchased a few months back. Haven't done anything special to it, yet, but as I approach ~500rds on the run, it's starting to smooth up and is improving in accuracy. (Though, whether that's more due to my "muscle memory" with the weight and balance of the thing or the gun's improving smoothness, who can say.)

Have taken it out to 25yds, but with my eyesight that gets a bit sketchy for accuracy. Out to 10yds or so, it's tight groupings these days. In another few hundred rounds, I'll start using 2" pasters on the target, to see if double- and rapid-fire strings can begin improving.

Hadn't heard of M-Carbo for parts kits, previously. I'll keep them in mind, along with Angus Hobdell's CZ Shop (in AZ), for future CZ work.

Have considered an internal parts refinishing on the HK P30, at Gray Guns (Bruce Gray's shop), along with their trigger-travel take-up customization. Otherwise, the gun's breaking in nicely. (Sadly, they don't do CZs as part of their normal gunsmithing services. They're a H&K and SIG shop.)

For CZ's, best one I've had is a ~15yr old P-01 9mm (BD/decocker), which, after a trigger job and ~3500rds, began to become utterly error free and "scary" accurate. Got to love a good CZ once it breaks in and the accuracy sharpens up.

windjammer69 likes this.
  9. windjammer69

An x marine friend told me about Mcarbo. So far everything is working fine. On top of the kits they offer videos that have step be step detailed instructions as to disassembly, improvements, install and reassembly for the different kits.

10. hemiram

hemiram Member

I have a CZ Custom shop P-07, with fiber optic sights and it's a great gun. I'm not in love with the grip texture, unlike a lot of shooters, I dislike aggressive texturing on a grip. It's not bad, but it could be better, IMHO.
    [​IMG]
    I also have the SAR CM9 Gen2, which is basically a Turkish clone of the P-07, and is a fantastic bargain at $300 or so. I got mine for $250 shipped. It's my house gun with a laser on it. The grip is absolutely perfect, IMHO.
    [​IMG]
    And I'm almost sure to buying the most expensive P-07 Clone, the Sphinx SDP Compact in a few days:
    [​IMG]

Rifling82 likes this.