cz or glock?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by juststartin5272, Dec 26, 2012.

1. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

I know its kind of apples and oranges, but both pistols meet the criteria I want in a pistol. Its between the Glock 17 or the Cz 75 Omega. They both have a barrel at least 4.5" inches(well the Glock is 4.49" but I'm not that picky) they both are 9mm and the both have a long standing reputation for being extremely reliable and durable pistols. I wasn't really worried about striker or hammer, I like both. Some things I like about each one and some I don't:
    Cz- standard with night sights, come with three mags and lights single action trigger. But I don't like that I will be dealing with two different trigger pulls, so I would probably change it to sao which ups my initial investment
    Glock- by the way I want the Gen 3, I like the availability of parts and inexpensive magazines. Consistent trigger pull. If I turn it into a carry piece it is not as heavy being polymer. It doesn't have night sights standard on the model I have priced.
    Just some insight as to my likes and dislikes, but I'd like any opinions and experiences I can get as to make a better decision and be more at ease when I make my purchase.

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Glock has no manual safety, big no fly zone for me for carrying. Other than that it's a perfect firearm, all of them are as far as I'm concerned.

CZ is da/sa which I like and known for quality, but far too large for personal defense for me.

If you're really planning on turning this into a carry piece I'd say keep looking. Try the CZ 2075.

3. juststartin5272

Neither of these guns are going to be for carry, mostly a bedside and range gun. Possible a gun I will carry to tactical classes if am presented the opportunity

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Then I'd Glock it up without question. Awesome trigger with consistent pull and runs flawlessly.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Yup, just like the hammerless DAO police revolvers it was marketed to replace.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Cz no question. I think glock triggers are horrid and the grip angle is all wrong. Glocks arent natural pointing guns more reminiscent of something like a nambu.

7. oli700

oli700 New Member

They are both going to do the job if you become proficient with the one you choose. I like both, for different reasons. CZ is going to be a more refined weapon, killer ergo’s but there are great features on the Glock that are undeniable, simplicity being one….the trigger reset on a Glock is nicer then a stock CZ

8. towboater

towboater Active Member

I'll take a CZ over Glock anyday.

9. CaliRaised

CaliRaised New Member

My buddy has a cz 75 and it is extremely accurate. I really enjoyed shooting it. However I have very little experience with glocks. Good luck.

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

If it was me I'd get a CZ over any Glock, any time. They just have more natural point to them to me. Glock makes a file pistol, I just see the CZ as better. Better grip, grip angle, and trigger. The aftermarket is not as prevalent I guess for the CZ but I really have not sen a whole lot I'd change out of the box so it is not an issue for me. The one thing Glock has over CZ and most makers is marketing. And that just is not any reason to choose them to me.

11. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Why would you be dealing with two different triggers? Keep your CZ cocked and locked, and it's essentially a SAO gun. Really, the only way you can fire it in DA is if you manually (and quite intentionally) de-cock it. I've put thousands of rounds through my DA/SA 75b...I don't think a single shot has ever been taken in double action.

I'm fine with Glock. Their ergos and trigger are about as natural as shaking hands with a robot, yet I actually own a pair because there are other attributes I do like. But if weight is not a factor, CZ > Glock every single time.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  12. downsouth

downsouth New Member

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If Glock made a 357 magnum instead of a 357 sig I would own one. I sold a glock 32 to buy my Ruger P95. The 357 sig is a fine cartridge but they are never on sale. I have been shooting Glock 17's for years. Several of my friends own Glock 17's and they are fun to shoot.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  14. orangello

orangello New Member

When i made this post, i forgot the barf smiley. I have a XD45 that is similar to the 45acp glock models in that it has a consistent trigger pull (but better grip angle). In a panic situation, this is the pistol i want to be able to snatch out from between the car seats.

My CZ75b is a better feeling pistol that i ENJOY shooting MUCH more than the XD45. The grip is more comfortably contoured; the exposed hammer and manual safety seem much safer at the range, to me anyway.

Definately apples to oranges, but for a RANGE GUN, the CZ would be my choice by a mile.

15. juststartin5272

I think y'all helped seal the deal, I've been leaning toward the cz but wanted some other opinions. Another selling point to me I didn't mention is they're less common. I like individuality

16. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Good to hear.

It's probably not worth bothering with the SAO. As I mentioned, the standard 75b w/thumb safety (while technically a DA/SA gun) is essentially already SAO. You literally have to go out of your way to set it up to fire in DA. I have the Omega trigger on mine, and it's outstanding.

17. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Now that you are set on a cz, look at the czspo1tactical. 18+1, steel, factory night sights, decocker no external safety. I got mine for 600.00 back in the summer. Mec Gar makes some fine mags for spares that fit great.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Isn't the Omega trigger system the one that allows you to change from a safety setup to a decocker setup?

Very cool.

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I love the CZ. If you can find one that is de-cocker only, no manual safety!

I like the Glock because it has no manual safety!

To me, any kind of manual safety is a no-no on a defensive handgun.

20. juststartin5272

I am completely against the decocker, I only want the manual safety