CZ 75BD Police - WOW!!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by chloeshooter, Jan 28, 2014.

1. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I got my hands on a very slightly used CZ 75 BD (de-cocker version, my preferred style) today. This is the Police/Combat version of the 75 minus the ambi safety, which I really do not like at all.

Feel in hand - A+
    Function (follow up shots, cycling etc) - A+
    Trigger - B+ (hey it can't all be perfect lol)
    Accuracy - A++

Quite simply put, the best shooting handgun I have ever owned. Had a little fun at the range then had to head back to work. This is my second CZ, but definitely not my last

Target is at 7 yards, first ever shots

Attached Files:

2. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

Very nice, feel free to join us on our sister site ...... www.cztalk.com

3. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Welcome to the CZ fan club :)

4. NOVA

NOVA New Member

I have the exact same gun and it is also my 2nd CZ ( had the compact but sold it, like an idiot). Are those the plastic grips on yours? I installed the CZ rubber grips and am amazed how comfortable the feel is now. Have you considered the rubber grips?

5. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

I've seen these on Gunbroker at very good prices.May have to look into one.

6. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I ordered a set of those earlier today in fact!

7. CZfanatic

CZfanatic New Member

Very nice! I am a huge CZ fan but bought the Glock 41 today. Fired about 500 rounds of Berrys 115gr RN reloads that I cooked up. Impressions? The trigger is the same as the 21, still has that block of wood feel in the hand. The only thing that makes this Tupperware different than any other Glock is 13 rounds of .45. Is it worth the all of the marketing and fanfare, for the Glock lemmings, it is. for people who like a quality firearm that looks and feels like a real gun, I will call this one a big yawner. Did I mention that this gun is about the size of a full size HK USP only slightly slimmer. I like my Glock 17 and 21. 1 Glock in any collection is more than enough as the only difference in a Glock of any model is essentially the caliber.

Pro's:
    no failures but I lubed it up well out of the box.
    13 rounds of .45 ACP

Con's:)
    Grip
    Price
    Size

Glock lovers with love it, the rest of us will continue to ask what is the difference between one Glock or the other.

8. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Nice shooting. I prefer de cockers myself. Can't wait to pick up another CZ myself. Saw a OD green 75 at the last guns show but, price was a bit to high and no de cocker.:mad:

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Who comes on a CZ thread and talks about their plastic toy gun? A guy named CZfanatic? What is this world coming to ?confused

10. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Nice Choleshooter!!
    I have a CZ clone from Tri-Star and I love it. It has really gotten my CZ bug to biting!! Seeing your targets makes me see a CZ 75 in my future.

11. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

That's the CZ I want.
    I prefer no safety with decocker.

12. CZfanatic

CZfanatic New Member

I have been breaking in my CZ P09. It has about 1k rounds through it. It is a tac driver to say the least but I find myself a little disappointed in the quality of this model. First, there is a lot of flex where the rail meets the frame toward the muzzle. My P07 has about 5k rounds through it has I have not experienced this issue with that model. I am not a huge fan of plastic guns for this reason. I prefer to stick with my cz shadows and sdp's. I have over 25k rounds in one of my 75 shadow T and not one failure. I reload so I know what makes the gun sing but still, this gun has won son tourney's for me. For me, if you have to get a plastic cz, stick with the 07. Did I mention that it handles better than the 09 and is much easy to cc.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

13. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I have no interest in polymer CZs. The issues you describe are kind of why I have metal frame CZs to begin with. I am slowly but surely cycling my plastic guns out of my inventory, it's a personal preference but I just don't like them

14. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

nice looking pistol, I have never shot one before, but have heard nothing but great things! I prefer metal pistols my self, the look and feel cant be beat IMO

15. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I was in my LGS a few weeks ago and was inquiring about a CZ P01 and the saleman said that he didnt have one in stock and he didnt know when he was getting them again because CZ was having issues with importing their product. I did see a CZ P01 SDP in n the case and decided to put some $$$ down on it. My trip amy have turned out a little better than excepted. Cant wait to pick it up!! :D

16. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Installed the CZ rubber grips. More WOW! Feels like an extension of my hand now even more so.

Where have you been all my life, sweetheart?

17. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Nice, I have a CZ 75 SPO1 my favorite handgun. :)

18. CZfanatic

CZfanatic New Member

You will love the SDP. The trigger job and heine sites make this a true competition gun. After shooting this pistol, you may. Never want to buy an out of the box gun. Hadn't heard that CZ was having importing issues. I have bought my last 5 from ghost works custom shop in phoenix. I live In The Midwest but they have always managed to get me a custom gun in 6 weeks or less. Our local Cabelas has a couple PO7 but I rarely see any new CZ 75 or any other CZ for that matter. Some gun owners are still stuck in believing that in order for a gun to be great, it has to be expensive, have a pony on it, or be made in Austria. We all know that is not the case.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

19. towboater

towboater Active Member

chloeshooter I am glad ya found a pistol ya really like. I feel the same way about my CZ75B. Yes they do weigh more than a plastic gun. But the extra weight makes them easier for me to shoot. Follow up shots are much better also. And if ya whack someone up the side of the head with it. It will knock the crap out of em.

20. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

That Ghost Works Custom Shop... Is that an online gun dealer?? Dont wanna sound stupid, but If thats the case I would like to check them out. Thanks for posting this...