Cz 75b lubrication.

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by czfreak, Feb 19, 2014.

1. czfreak

czfreak New Member

What is best to use. I've read a lot saying grease is better but need some opinions

Sent from my LG-L38C using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I got this from the manual:
    "When the barrel bore, cartridge chamber, and all accessible parts are clean and dry,
    wipe these parts with a cloth soaked in gun oil or apply the oil in a spray. Remove all excess
    oil.
    Before shooting always wipe the barrel bore dry. At very low temperatures remove the
    oil from all accessible parts or apply a lubricant prepared especially for these conditions."

https://czusamedia.s3.amazonaws.com/files/cz75_en.pdf

You cannot go wrong following the manufacturer's advice.

3. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

a drop of CLP down each slide groove has worked well for me. if you use grease, it is liable to find it's way back to the hammer area and gum up the works.

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I have found it ok to spread a thin layer, by swiping a greasy finger on a slide rail. Probably not necessary in a cz75. Greasing is better for rust protection in long term storage or transport.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

+1
    Of course, I apply a small amount of gun grease to the slide rails of all my semiautomatics, CZ included.
    Required? No. But it makes me feel better and the gun feels smoother.

6. semipacifist

semipacifist New Member

Lsa

LSA (Lubricant, Small Arms) is what I use for semi-autos It's a "semi-fluid", somewhere between oil and grease. It is synthetic. A quart will last a long time. Available online at Sarco and Numrich, among other places.