CZ 75B In Polished Stainless

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by billt, Dec 19, 2011.

1. billt

billt New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This past Thursday I was at Cabela's roaming around, picking up some .45 ACP ammo they had on sale for $14.99 a box. I was walking the length of the gun counter, checking out if they had anything new, when on the bottom shelf this beautiful polished Stainless Steel CZ 75B jumped out at me. I've been looking for one in polished Stainless for several months, but had no luck finding one. All of the shops I called sang the same song. CZ produces very few of them in polished Stainless, and if they get any they don't last long.

I asked the clerk to see it, and he told me it was the only one they got in. I couldn't get my money out fast enough! What was really nice is it has the high grade Cocobolo Grips. Most of the Stainless 75's come with checkered rubber grips. These are beautiful, add really add to the beauty of the gun. Between the polished Stainless Steel, and the grips, it's pimped just enough. I like the CZ 75 because it's built like a tank. The rails inside the frame really makes for a nice slide to frame fit. The sights are fixed, standard 3-Dot.

This gun was the cover story in the September 2011 issue of Guns Magazine. And after reading it I really wanted to get my hands on one.

GUNS Magazine September 2011 Digital Edition

Even the gun they featured in the magazine didn't have the Cocobolo Grips, so I got lucky. They really make the gun. The only downside I could find are the magazines are really expensive. They supply 2 with the gun, but extra 16 round factory mags run $51.00 each. And that is dealer price from Midway. Even the Mec-Gar 16 rounders are $38.00 each. Being solid steel it's a bit heavy for a full size 9 MM, but it's strictly a range gun, and I doubt I'll ever carry it. The only downside to polished Stainless is that it shows every smudge and fingerprint. But a wipe down with a soft cloth makes it brilliant enough to cause a car accident if you carried it on a sunny day! Christmas came a few days early!

2. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Really nice & yeah, the polished stainless will certainly show the signs of handling it. It may scratch easy also, but since it is polished, Brasso can probably handle the minor scratches also.

I don't yet have all the 1911s & Bersas I want, but CZs will be next on my list.:)

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Nice gun. They had one at Cabelas near me, last I was there. I'm more of a mild bling guy myself, so maybe I'll get the satin nickel or matte stainless some day.

Does the gun require some sort of special mags? I've never had any trouble finding MecGars for my 75b for about $20-25.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Same here and LOVE my mecgar mags. Maybe they make a stainless mag to match?

I am jealous of the stainless; mine is an old duotone with the goldish toned frame & black slide.

edit* looking at the pics in the mag, it is hard to tell, BUT i think the mag may be stainless or have a stainless bottom.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

6. jamesb

jamesb New Member

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

8. billt

billt New Member

Thanks for the link Sweeper. That's a good price!

I've found the best polish for polished Stainless Steel is Flitz. It takes out small scratches easily, and makes the gun look mirror bright.

Paste Metal Polish 5.29oz Tube

9. cwcoolcow

cwcoolcow New Member

I second the Flitz. CZ 75B stainless and black stainless Springfield 1911 Loaded Target.

10. SportpepR

SportpepR New Member

Thats a beautiful pistol you got, congratulations !

11. junho806

junho806 New Member

have had 2 cz...loved them both. prob the best 9mm i've ever shot :D

12. billt

billt New Member

CZ : Greg Cote, LLC

For anyone who shoots a CZ75, this is a good source for magazines. From order to arrival was only 72 hours for 4 magazines. He has many other makes as well.

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Now you've done it! I WAS perfectly happy with my identical CZ but thanks to your flashy post I now must find custom grips to somehow trump you're cocoboala's!

Nice Find, mine was the only high pollished SS I'd seen before today.

Tack