CZ-75 value

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by FCross7, Aug 17, 2010.

1. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

A local gun shop has a CZ-75, not 75b, in decent condition. The barrel seems to be in pretty good shape, the gun is still tight, finish is scratched and has some small chips which isn't a big deal to me. What would be a fair price for something like this? They have it marked at $449, but would take $350. If $350 is a good price, I'll probably go pick it up thursday when I get my next check.

-Fred

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That sounds like an excellent price for a CZ 75 pre B model. If it's in really great shape and the barrel is good, I would pick it up for that price.

3. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Agreed, that's a decent price on a pre-B. If you can swing it go for it.

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If everything but the finish is tight, then $350 is a great price. Heck, at that price I might even think about making a project out of it and getting it refinished in OD green or something.

5. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I didn't have a whole lot of time to look at it, but now that I know it's a good price, I'll definitely go back and take a good solid look at it once I get my check on Thursday. From the quick look i took, the finish seemed to be the only thing was wasn't in excellent shape, and it wasn't even that bad.

-Fred

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Let us know how it goes Fred.

7. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Will do. Thanks for all the help.

-Fred

8. rkhal

rkhal New Member

One thing you want to be aware of with a pre-b 75. Magazines are hard to come by. They either have to be pre 1990 CZ factory, or early Tanfoglio or Baby Eagle. You can modify some later magazines to work as long as they are not mecgar. With that proviso they are a fantastic pistol and $350 is a very good price. The have a much better trigger than the 75B. I would leap on it.

9. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Sorry, I haven't posted any updates, I've been really busy since classes started back up. The 75 was gone when I went back, which I was kind of bummed about, but then I went to the local Bass Pro Shop a few days later, and low and behold they had an SP-01 in stock which is what I really wanted to begin with anyway. So I payed for it and picked it up Thursday, cleaned it and took it to the range this afternoon. I brought my targets home and will definitely take some pictures and post a range report when I get the time. I'm really glad I got it though. Feels great in my hand and I shoot it better than anything else I've ever shot. Will give more info in the report.

-Fred

10. kdog

kdog New Member

I payed 80 Euro for my pre B here in germany...:D

11. Canon1DsMKIV

Canon1DsMKIV New Member

Sounds like a pretty good deal for a pre-b.