CZ 75 SPO1 Adjustable rear sight.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by manta, Aug 30, 2014.

1. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi I have bought an LPA adjustable rear sight for my CZ 75 SPO1. My question is after receiving the sight I have noticed there is no retaining screw for holding the sight in place. I am wondering what holds it in place is it an interference fit does it need glued in place. ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Yes, the fit of the dovetail is an interference (press) fit into the slide. Normally new sights are just a bit over sized in order to allow filing down the dovetail on the sight to obtain a tight fit into the dovetail in the slide.

If you happen to have one that is slightly loose, you can secure it with a high strength loc-tite thread locking compound.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

When I decided to add a similar sight to my CZ75BD, I figured that rather than me beating on it haphazardly with a hammer & punch, it was better for all concerned to pay the money and have a gunsmith do it correctly. Mine was tight enough that unwanted movement isn't a worry.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Yes, they are press fit. You take a fine file or coarse stone and remove a little metal at a time from the sight until it starts into the dovetail. Go slow and try fitting often. If you happen to take too much metal off, you can use a punch and place a dimple in the slide dovetail to tighten the fit.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

If you decide to use a hammer and punch, remember that masking tape is your friend.

6. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Fitted it today thanks for the help, just need to get to the range to get it set.