CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical w/ NS on the way!!!

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Poink88, May 17, 2011.

1. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

After more than a week...I finally got an email from Buds that my pistol is on its way! :D If all the stars line up, I should have it late Thursday. :cool:

The one I tried/rented have a nice trigger pull but read that new ones may be gritty for a while. Other than that, anyone have "home remedy" pointers to improve the gun?

Thanks!

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Congrats!! Just shoot the hell out of it...that'll smooth the trigger out.

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's the truth! I bought one a couple months ago and I love it!

That heavier front really eats up the recoil. It's a great gun for sure. Enjoy and post a range report when you get a chance. :cool:

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

+3 :cool:

5. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Congrats. Should be a great gun for you.

I recommend MecGar mags if they're available for the SP-01 (I think it can take standard CZ 75 16+1 mags in addition to the higher cap SP-01 versions). That trigger job might be a great option, but it'd probably be a good idea to run 500 rounds or so through the gun before you go tinkering with too much.

Everyone who shoots my 75b is really impressed with the trigger, and it's a very stock gun that came with the CZ "Omega" trigger. The only cash I've invested in it is extra mags ($20ea) and a budget ($30) set of wood grips.
    [​IMG]

6. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

8. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I agree. I will most likely get two of the 17 round mags. Those plus the 2 factory mags should be sufficient. With a mag loader, I can easily shoot all day :D (limited only by my ammo supply :mad:)

9. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

What magazines are you getting with your pistol?? If it's the 18 round they'll probably look a lot like the 19+1 Mec-Gars anyway, if the photo at CZ and the first one in the trigger work thread you linked are any indication.

[​IMG]

The CZ75 line are excellent pistols, I've owned a 75B in matte stainless since late 2006.

[​IMG]

10. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

[​IMG]

Here's mine in the middle.

The Glock 21 Fobus holster almost fits perfectly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are fine 9mm's!!

12. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

USPS shows my pistol was delivered to my FFL yesterday noon time. I called him 6 times since but got nothing other than answering machine. I left messages twice and emailed him twice as well but did not hear back from him. :(

I am super excited and now getting worried :eek:. He is about 33.5 miles away from me (67 miles round drip). What would you do? How much time should I give him before I start to panic?

13. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If this FFL is some smaller private setup who depends on somethng else for his primary income, then it's pretty typical. They could be in the midst of a busy work week and such FFLs often have a day or two (or on the weekend) each week reserved for catching things up. Don't worry about it. And it's probably best to avoid harrassing the guy too much.

As long as you paid the $10 insurance fee at Bud's you're covered regardless. Relax, give it a few days of patience, and you'll probably earn a valuable resource in the process.

14. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Picked her up tonight, cleaned and just stopped dry firing since my fingers hurt already after 3 hours but I can feel the trigger improvement.

After holding it, my wife once again claimed it as hers :eek:

Sadly, I might not have time to go to the range until summer break. :mad:

15. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

This gun does not in fact exist....

....until you've posted pics.

16. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

LOL.. Okay here it it is.

I did modify the take down lever already as well as the slide recoil spring and the main hammer spring. :D Feels really sweet...just need to bring her to the range now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Looks great!!!!!! What/how did you modify them? :confused: :)

18. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I got "adventurous" based on what I read online.

Take down lever. I shaved the flat top on the end of the lever to make it slide easier. It still snap in place but now I can easily disassemble with just my fingers.

Recoil spring. Mine is around 44.5 coils and I shortened it to 40 using a wire cutter. I can tell a big difference while racking the slide.

Main hammer spring. It is 32 coils and I shortened it to 28. Really improved the trigger pull a lot especially in DA. SA also improved. I did the pencil test and the height it goes is still the same.

I believe I got great results based on my "dry fires" but IF I messed up any of it, I will order replacement parts. :D

JUST SHARING WHAT I DID...PLEASE DO NOT REPLICATE IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO PURCHASE REPLACEMENT PARTS IF THIS DOES NOT WORK.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Mine has smoothed out a lot. I have 800 rds down range so far and I haven't modified anything. I might try these and GI ahead and order new ones. I'd like a steel guide rod anyhow.
    Keep me posted on how you like it.

Don't forget, glock 21 holsters fit it pretty good. It's hard to find specific holsters for it.