Cz 75 PCR

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by jakeball, Mar 13, 2014.

1. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Anyone handle this gun? Looking for this as my ccw gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. czfreak

czfreak New Member

Would personally go with a p01 instead. It has a light rail where the pcr doesn't. May be a little heavier but worth it in my opinion

3. jakeball

jakeball New Member

No need for a light rail on my ccw gun. Thanks anyhow.

4. czfreak

czfreak New Member

Then if a cz 75 feels good in your hand youve already made your decision. The only difference with the pcr is a slightly shorter barrel, decocker, and the alloy frame. I love the way it feels and if it weren't for the decocker would be a top pick for a carry gun.

5. czfreak

czfreak New Member

For me at least

6. jakeball

jakeball New Member

You dont like decocker?

7. czfreak

czfreak New Member

No i like cocked and locked or a striker fired gun. Even if i used double action i would still rather have the manual safety. I can manually drop the hammer and still have the versatility to carry single action if i wanted.

8. czfreak

czfreak New Member

I believe the new pro tek 1 and 2 have the Omega trigger and the ability to switch from decocker to manual safety

9. czfreak

czfreak New Member

Just checked and i am wrong. Did find that cz custom is offering the cz 75 compact l, which is a pcr with a manual safety. Cz Custom has imported these from CzUb and is doing a trigger job and spring repkacement. Their price is $960 so i know what my allowance is gonna go towards lol

10. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Isnt the compact all steel not alloy? Or so i thought

11. czfreak

czfreak New Member

The cz usa version is. But the cz custom is the same frame as the pcr aside from the cutouts for the safety.

12. bigjim

bigjim New Member

First off the CZ's are not striker fired but hammer fired, second the slides are steel but the receivers are alloy, third the pistol grips on the compacts are smaller than those on the full size CZ. Barrel length for the compacts are all 3.8 inches.

The CZ 75 PCR & CZ 75 P-01 are the same gun but without the accessory rail both are in 9 mm and hold 14 +1. The mags are interchangeable but not with the full size CZ 75's that have the larger mags.

The P-01 is a little more squared off than the PCR or the Compact. They have also come out with a P-02 but I do not know what the difference is except maybe the P-01 is a decocker and the P-02 is a manual safety?

Either will do you well as a CCW gun.

Jim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Yeah im liking the pcr more than the other options. Also could be used is IDPA matches.

14. czfreak

czfreak New Member

Well awarr that the cz strapped on my hip isn't striker fired. I was simply stating i prefer a cocked and locked or striker fired configuration for my carry. And not all cz's are alloy the vast majority are all steel. The pcr p01 p02 and p06 are the alloy guns

15. czfreak

czfreak New Member

And its the p02 that is capable of switching from manual safety to decocker

16. czfreak

czfreak New Member

Your also mistaken in that you can use full size mags in the compact guns, they're longer but not any bigger. The only ones that won't take the larger mags are the sub compact Rami's

17. jakeball

jakeball New Member

The compacts cant go in the full size, is what i believe what he was saying.

18. czfreak

czfreak New Member

Then i apologize for that

19. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

The PCR is a sweet gun. Got one as a birthday present this year. I have dry fired it but, the weather has stunk so no live fire yet. I am thinking about sending it out for trigger work though.