CZ 75 Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Tackleberry1, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I've been looking at a CZ 75 9mm at my local gun shop. I'm an auto pistol enthusist and own SA Autos, SA/DA Autos, and even a couple striker fired guns. All of my autos are .45 ACP or .40 so I'm thinking of adding 9mm to cut down on ammo costs. I've narrowed my possibles down to:
    Baretta 92:)
    Browing Hi Power or:)
    CZ 75:confused:

I'm very familiar with both the 92 and the Hi Power and like them both but the lines on the CZ 75 keep pulling me back to it. I've never shot one but heard that in Europe the CZ 75 is as Iconic and legendary as the 1911 is over here.:cool:

Would appreciate feedback on reliabilty & accuracy from anyone who's owned a CZ 75.

Thanks!

2. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Just throw in my very small .2c here - I'll leave someone far more knowledgable (wouldn't be difficult lol) to enlighten you on the specifics of the 75 model, but have you shot any other CZs?

I've had a go of the SP-01 shadow, and up against the HK USP I usually use, more than doubled my score in a particular competition! The all-steel frame wasn't kind on my puny wrists compared to the polymers, but the accuracy was sweet.

OK, those that actually know something can weigh in now :)

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I don't have much to say about the CZ75B.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I've had both the Hi Power and the CZ 75B. Both are excellent firearms. The HP is a classic and the CZ is stout and dependable. The CZ has slightly more capacity. The HP is slimmer and was designed by John Browning. It is also a timeless design aesthetically.

I loved both pistols, but favored the HP just because I loved it more. It was dependable and very accurate and just pointed very accurately and naturally for me. It just had something special about it.

The CZ didn't get shot as much because it was just boring. Boringly accurate and boringly dependable. It's an excellent pistol. It also has excellent grip ergonomics.

I guess it depends on what you reall love in a pistol. You won't go wrong with either.

I never even considered the Beretta 9mm. Too big for what it shoots and not my kind of handgun just for personal reasons.

Good luck.

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Great Feedback!

Appreciate the responses, target post was awsome and that photo of the Stainless CZ is the exact gun I'm looking at. I'm in Washington State and my dealer is asking $639.00 for his SS CZ75B, comes w/two mags and 3 dot green sights but I don't think there night sights.

Do you owners think that's a fair price?

Thanks again:)

6. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

As far as price goes, I always check Bud'sgunshop.com. They are just about the lowest prices on the net on guns. They even ship for free.
    I personally am paying attention to this thread because, after hearing nothing but good about the CZ75, I went to a local gunshop and handled one. It feels great in my hand. It is on my wish list.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  7. JonM

JonM Moderator

berreta 92 isnt even in the same league with the browning or CZ. the cz75 is a very high quality handgun as is the browning. the CZ is probably the better of the two. i own a CZ97BD and its a superb handgun which is just a sized up version of the cz75.

my opinion CZ75 wins.

8. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Since I picked up my first cZ 75 some 25 years ago, I have become a firm fan. Since then I have acquired several more and have never had a problem with any of them. I do like my HPs as well and the HP is a classic. However, if it came down to a choice between the two, I would go with the cS.

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thanks!

Good price for a stainless. Mine is the less expensive Satin Stainless. :)

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

The CZ 75 is heavy and somewhat plain. Those are about the only knocks you'll ever hear about it. They're affordable, reliable, and extremely accurate. I prefer my 75b to my Sig 226, and the CZ cost half as much. BHPs are also very cool. When it comes to (non-poly) 9mm, I've seen a bevy of people tout these two as #1 (BHP) and #1A (CZ75).

In my opinion the 92 isn't in the same class.

11. kdog

kdog Member

My first pistol was a CZ75 Pre "B" from 1986. My second is a P226 Sig Sauer.
    I love both, but the CZ fits better into my hands.
    The CZ75 has been on the market for over 25 Years now and hasn`t really changed much.

It´s reliable, ergonimical, good to grip (also for smaller hands) and very accurate.

I`d go for the CZ75

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

CZ75B SS In the Safe!

Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen.:) I stoped by my dealer today to confirm the gun was in fact SS. It was, and upon closer inspection I figured out that though it's an SA/DA, it has no deccocker but and honest to god thumb safety for locked n cocked carry!:D That was just to much to pass up for a 1911 junkie and it left with me about 20 minutes after I walked in the door!

I'll get it to range on Sunday and let you all know what I think, and thanks again for all the great feedback.

Tackleberry 1 Out

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Congratulations!! You have purchased a fine firearm!! Can't wait for the pics and range report. :cool:

14. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

My CZ 40B is the most accurate pistol I have. I like my striker fired pistols, but when it comes to wanting pure accuracy, I pull out the CZ. It's got a great trigger and good sights. Can't go wrong with a CZ.

Dave :)

15. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Nice purchase. I have had two 75B's in .40. Traded one to my brother, kicked myself so I bought another. Both are very accurate, reliable and comfortable. I think they have the best ergonomics of any handgun around.

Mine is only seeing less range time since I got my S&W 1911 in .38 Super, but I think that's only because I am enamored with the .38 Super cartridge. Chamber a 75B in .38 Super and I'd never put it down...

There is an okay aftermarket for CZ through the CZ Custom Shop and Ghost Products (I think Ghost's sight is down now).

Congratulations.

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations Tackleberry. You will love that pistol. :cool:

17. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Congratulations! A CZ75 with no decocker is a fantastic weapon.

18. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Congrats on your purchase. WE are waiting for your range report and photos. I am still looking for my stainless 75.

19. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Po-1

I bought my first 9MM last spring=CZ-75-PO-1. Have loved it ever since. It will shoot anything I put through it with accuracy. I own several name brand pistols and this CZ has become my go to carry gun..Bill..;)

20. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

SS could be hard to find

I could not find a SS like mine on CZ-USA's site. My dealer told me it was last years model run and they discontinued it?