Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to CZ s I do have a painted 75B it is difficult for me to pull the slide back. I cleaned it and lubed it, little change.

The only thing left to the recoil spring replacement.

L looked on line, but what weight spring should I replace it with. I want to shoot factory loads.

also is there a good spring kit anyone can recommend? thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
I doubt if recoil spring replacement can make much difference. Unless someone has put a heavy spring in there. It may? help if you cock the hammer before you try to rack the slide?

Look at Cajun Gun Works- I bought a spring set for my Canik C-100 (clone of CZ 75) a couple years ago- it greatly reduced my trigger pull in both da and sa. As far as recoil spring I didn't change that just the main hammer spring- but it made a day and night difference.
I do not remember mine being hard to rack.

Good luck- let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Mainspring will affect trigger pull and to a lesser extent slide rack force required
Recoil spring will have the largest effect on racking. Try an 11 lb. I wouldn't go
any lighter. Had a pair of SP-01 Tacticals that ran fine with 11, but the
sight recovery was better with 14. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Here's another thing to consider on the all-metal CZ's. An extreme number of racks over a week or two can help speed the break-in process, from a difficulty of racking standpoint. Won't be night and day, no, but it'll help a bit.

I've also found that as the slide and frame rails smooth up the racking force required seems to be somewhat less.

BTW, if you think the 75B is tough to rack, try a 2075 RAMI sometime.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
I had a reason to talk with CZ customer service yesterday and we were doing a little BSing about the 75 Compact and they said the spring is the same one they put in 45's. I believe it because it is hard to rack the slide. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts