Firearms Talk banner

CZ 527 Carbine 7.62 X 39

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Underdog 
#1 ·
I took possession of a CZ 7.62 X 39 carbine at my local FFL over the weekend. Grab A Gun dot com has them for a good price right now.

Couple of initial thoughts, nice wood grain and kind of a gray color. Single set trigger that breaks like a glass rod, no creep.

Couple of issues with GAG,

1) their link to said gun showed a rifle without iron sights
2) ad stated rifle was designed to be used with optics

Gun arrived with sights and no rings. GAG listed the gun as a "Rustic" carbine, but that was discontinued a few years ago.

I emailed GAG about the lack of rings, will see what happens. But I am keeping this rifle, going to the local indoor range later to pop a few primers at 25 yards.

I have some PPU and some Brown Bear soft point ammo headed this way. CZ recommends European ammo due to chamber specs, best results with .311 projectiles. May try some Hornady steel case in the future, but today just Wolf steel case.

Gonna top this little dude with a Trijicon Accupoint 3x9x40 green dot.

Oh by the way, there was a little High Standard Sentinel Deluxe on consignment at the LGS, that climbed in the box with my carbine.

See less See more
#4 ·
I have the Ruger American in 7.62x39. Takes Mini 30 magazines. PPU is MOA or less. Wolf is about 2MOA and it did not like Silver Bear at all but the Mini 30 likes the Silver Bear. There is supposed to be a scout mount for the CZ in the works.

#7 ·
Welcome to the addiction. The Carbine always came with iron sights, even thought I got rid of the big fixed rear sight and added a Marbles adjustable done right by a custom gunsmith. I don't get as nice groups as you do with my irons, but I do like the gun. :) CZ will tell you the rifle was made for steel cased commie ammo, but mine works just fine with reloads.

That was a so-so day, 100 yards front rested. :) I tried many scopes on mine, until I decided to just stick with the irons. Yes, that is a 100% custom stock that has a spare 5 round mag in the butt. I'm weird. Again, welcome to the addiction - this is one fantastic light rifle that can be a ton of practical fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.