Cz-52

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by boatme98, Feb 25, 2013.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Got one?
    I love mine. It's one of my guns that I won't part with. It's just too much fun, and it always draws a crowd when shooting it in public.
    An ugly spud.
    Recently came across a few for sale in the $300-350 range. I think they're worth it just for the s & g factor.

2. string1946

string1946 New Member

Got one.

I bought one several years ago and never have gotten around to shooting it. When I got it I bought a spam can of ammo and its still sealed. I know one thing, if you ran out of ammo it would make a hell of a club. :)

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Had one yrs back & loved shooting it but hated looking at it :D
    Dam, used to that would buy two of them :(

4. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Shoot that bad boy!

I actually found a nylon holster (not Uncle Mike's) that's a perfect fit and can be used iwb or owb, for about $15.

5. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I got one back in December, I love shooting it, but Bulgarian surplus is my favorite. My is in a airsoft gun holster I had laying around, but she sure does eject far! Saturday at the range, I was shooting it and these two guys next to me stopped shooting and stared, they were surprised by the 20-25 foot range the spent shell traveled. Great pistol and easy to take down and maintain!

6. jammersavage44

jammersavage44 New Member

I've got one too and ordered a holster from Liberty Tree....great shooter, feels great to hold but she's a safe queen now because besides being in excellent shape with only 1 dot on the top, she's got her original firing pin and I'm afraid it'll break.

7. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

As long as you don't dry fire it the firing pin will be fine. I've shot surplus and commercial ammo out of it with no problems. I've been wanting to order a holster from Liberty Tree, when you get it in let me know how it is.

8. jammersavage44

I got the holster and it's a nice one! I've ordered more than a few parts from Liberty Tree to complete each rifle or to unsporterize them and have never been let down by the quality. You'll be happy with your holster.

Regarding the firing pin: I did my research and know never to dry fire it. She's in such good condition though (and she's not as accurate as my Romanian Tokarev) that I don't mind keeping her as a collection piece and shooting my Tokarev instead. I'm sure I'll take her out to stretch her legs, just not as much as my other guns.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

I have one I picked up for $250ish at a gunshow. I've never been thrilled with it, but it is a great flamethrower in the early evening. They have improved firing pins you can use to preserve the original: http://harringtonproducts.com/firing-pins/

10. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Ehh, I'm a bit of the opposite. I had one (Got it when they were $119) but never was thrilled by the trigger pull or it's accuracy. Put in a replacement barrel to see if the accuracy got any better, it didn't. Got a Rommie Tok later and liked it MUCH better. So I traded the CZ for a scoped Savage 110 30.06, and never regretted doing it.

Anybody need a CZ 52 barrel and roller assembly?

11. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I like mine a lot, but then a couple years ago, ran into a YUGOM57, which is the other guys version of the pistol. I like it better for the simple reason that it shoots better for me and the mag release is where I'm used to it, not at the bottom of the grip (a pain). I bought a bunch of the surplus ammo when it was cheap, and now have to conserve on it, because even it is not cheap, plus I've heard here and there that it's illegal to shoot anymore because it goes through kelvar like butter. Both, though are great guns.

Dave

12. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

That's funny,the one that my dad passed down to me is extremely accurate of you can master the gawd-awful trigger pull and weird grip angle. But I'm sure they aren't exactly known for consistancy.

13. glocknloaded

glocknloaded New Member

Got any pics??

14. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I think I may have posted a pic of it way back. My computer with all my photos crashed some time ago and I'm now using a Kindle fire. Haven't bothered to figure out how to load pics with it.

15. franklin67

franklin67 New Member

It kind of made me sick to my stomach when I visited Czech Rep last year and saw those in gun stores for only about $90!

16. jammersavage44

A friend of mine lives in the Czech Republic (oddly enough we met online in a CZ-52 forum lol) He has a couple of the '52's and said they are pretty much as common as paper over there. He also said that the magazines are quite inexpensive and you can get them anywhere! While I am happy with the one I own and have no desire to have another one, sure would be nice to have a few extra magazines!

17. orangello

orangello New Member

I picked up a couple of spare mags for cheap from Sportsmanship Guide or MidwayUSA.