CZ-52 info.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Jetman, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Jetman

Jetman New Member

Hello all.
    Just bought a CZ-52 a few days ago. Does anyone have much experience with this vintage pistol?
    TIA

2. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

4. Jetman

Jetman New Member

Thanks CA357

Thanks for the link to the CZ site.

5. CA357

You're welcome. I'm a big fan of CZ pistols.

Btw, the weak point on a CZ52 is the firing pin. Change it and the firing pin spring out and you should be good to go for a long, long time.

6. CornCod

CornCod Member

The great advantage to having a pistol in 7.62X25 is the large variety of very cheap military surplus ammo you can put through it for practice. If you are using the CZ-52 for self-defense get the Czech commercial Sellier and Bellot, which is extremely reliable. With the surplus rounds the primers are sometimes a little hard and you have to give a cartridge a second-strike every once in a while. The going rate for the surplus ammo at gun shows is like seven bucks and change for 72 rounds.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

What is the deal with the decocker? I've heard they can be an issue with an accidental discharge as a possibility.

8. CA357

Here's a bunch of info on the decocker issue: [ame=http://www.google.com/search?q=cz+52+decocker+problem&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a]cz 52 decocker problem - Google Search[/ame]

9. Wolfen1949

Wolfen1949 New Member

Cz52

CZ52 is a great Hand gun, Long rang shooter and goes through some things other bullets will not. Many say it is not a good defence gun because of over penitration? Load a 86 Gr bullet in front of 5grs of bullseye Powder. Shoot in to wet newspaper or jell and decide your sel LOL. I have tried Hollow points but they act more like a gernade and not reliable . But just incase I also have a CZ52 in 9mm Largo.

Attached Files:

10. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I just picked one up. Great shooter. The grip is a little hard to get used to, but once you do, it's pretty accurate.
    I'm going to change out the grips for more comforatable shooting. Look here for custom grips: Home Page Parts here: Buymilsurp.com, Your source for military surplus. Info on it: Makarov.com. Concealable nylon holster: Soft Armor (#4-CS).
    There are more places, but these are a good start.
    And remember, most ammo is corrosive, so the barrel has to be cleaned after shooting.
    Enjouy!

11. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

12. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

13. scavijonez

scavijonez New Member

where did you buy the cz52?