Cz 52 help

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by k2enemy, May 10, 2010.

1. k2enemy

k2enemy New Member

My father-in-law has lent me his CZ-52 in an attempt to fix it. The issue is one of two things. A) every 3-4 rounds, a round will become stuck in the chamber no matter if it has been fired or not or even hand cycled. -or- B) The slide is getting hung on the take-down tab. I looked at- I first thought the chamber needed to be polished, but upon further inspection the slide appears to be hangning on the take-down tab. When the pistol jams it gets stuck with 1/4'' before it goes into battery. When I pulled on the slide i noticed the take-down tabs moving and seem to be pushed down slightly, once pushed back up the pistol will slide into battery. When I go to manually eject the round it gets stuck again. Anyone had issues like this?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

A) I would look at the extractor. If it is worn or damaged, it may not pull the cartridge out. B) When was the recoil spring replaced? An old spring can create a lot of problems. Parts slamming against each other, etc...

Good luck!

3. k2enemy

k2enemy New Member

The extractor appears to be in perfect shape, well defined edges so its not slipping. After looking at it last night I think it could be an ammo issue. I polished and cleaned the chamber b/c it seems like certain rounds get jammed in the chamber and become stuck while other rounds (same ammo) don't. As far as I know the spring has never been replaced but it still strong.