CZ-52 firing pin

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Benning Boy, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I have read that the CZ-52 firing pin was cast and prone to breakage, and that milled ones are out there, but no luck finding them so far.

Anyone have a source?

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

If you have the original, any competent machinist could make you one out of anything you want. Titanium, tool steel, hardened aluminum, you name it.

3. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

J&G Sales has them for $10.

4. matt g

Probably cheaper that way.

5. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

CZ53 & CZ53 parts interchange...

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Yep, J&G, thanks.

On the other hand, a titanium pin sounds cool.:D

7. matt g

I honestly don't know if a rifle that archaic would benefit from a titanium pin.

8. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

???..... The CZ is a pistol. 7.62x25

9. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Bet a titanium firing pin wouldn't break from dry firing like the original CZ52 pins are prone to do.

10. Fokker

Fokker New Member

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but if anyone wanted a replacement pin for their CZ-52, this is the place to go: Harrington Products CZ-52 Competition and Replacement Parts

I have a stage 3 heavy competition firing pin and I couldn't be happier. The gun is very accurate and has a very light trigger pull with this pin.

11. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

They must be pretty proud of their firing pins, $45 worth of proud.

12. Fokker

Fokker New Member

No idea what I paid for mine anymore, I originally bought it years ago from makarov.com. I'm happy with it and considering how accurate the gun is with the lighter trigger pull, I have no complaints about that price.

If you're just looking for a factory style original replacement you could always try something like these: http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/cz52.htm

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  13. mikliska

mikliska New Member

I found this to be an interesting solution and I bet it's stronger than the original.

cz52pin

14. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

15. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

Please don't keep repeating the internet myth about sub-machine gun ammo in 7.62x25. There is no such thing as sub-gun only hot loaded ammo, it is all pistol ammo and it is all sub-gun ammo.

16. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

I have 5 TT-33's (and clones) and 3 CZ-52's and have been shooting them for around 12 years and I have thousands of rounds of two distinctly different 7.62X25 loads and 2 Broken TT-33 recoil Springs to prove it. I'll agree with you that the Sub-Machine Gun ammo isn't hotter, in fact its the other way around, the Czech produced M48 rounds have a velocity(85 grain FMJ bullet @ 1,640 ft/s) around 18% higher than that of the actual velocity of the Soviet/Russian Sub Machine Gun ammo(which they claim is 1600 ft/s but its not) or you could go one step lighter if you can find it and put the "30 mauser" (7.63x25) in there, its WAY underpowered. The PPSH's were VERY Cheaply made and I don't know that I would want to shoot Czech TOK ammo in one of them, especially a late war PPsh. What I was referring to was the crap they put on and around the primers that tends to junk up around the hammer and trigger assembly and adds to the already difficult issue of the hard primers. Add to that the fact that one or two dry fires and your pin is shot, which, the return spring will take care of that. Regardless of what you hear on this thread, replace your pins, I learned the hard way after I broke my first pin, I bought a 2 surplus replacement and an armorers kit before I found out about the hardened aftermarket Pins.