Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that the CZ-52 firing pin was cast and prone to breakage, and that milled ones are out there, but no luck finding them so far.

Anyone have a source?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
If you have the original, any competent machinist could make you one out of anything you want. Titanium, tool steel, hardened aluminum, you name it.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
They must be pretty proud of their firing pins, $45 worth of proud.
No idea what I paid for mine anymore, I originally bought it years ago from makarov.com. I'm happy with it and considering how accurate the gun is with the lighter trigger pull, I have no complaints about that price.

If you're just looking for a factory style original replacement you could always try something like these: http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/cz52.htm

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here you go, 2 links for your Firing pin. i would recommend adding a return spring as well, the 7.62x25 Tok ammo that's available today is almost all surplus Sub-machine gun ammo (Ppsh most likely) and while the Cz-52 was designed to handle these loads they can cause problems, and their primers are harder and you can sometimes get hammer "dead falls".

CZ-52 Parts | cz 52 firing pins | extended slide release | barrel rollers |

Harrington Products CZ-52 Firing Pins

Please don't keep repeating the internet myth about sub-machine gun ammo in 7.62x25. There is no such thing as sub-gun only hot loaded ammo, it is all pistol ammo and it is all sub-gun ammo.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have 5 TT-33's (and clones) and 3 CZ-52's and have been shooting them for around 12 years and I have thousands of rounds of two distinctly different 7.62X25 loads and 2 Broken TT-33 recoil Springs to prove it. I'll agree with you that the Sub-Machine Gun ammo isn't hotter, in fact its the other way around, the Czech produced M48 rounds have a velocity(85 grain FMJ bullet @ 1,640 ft/s) around 18% higher than that of the actual velocity of the Soviet/Russian Sub Machine Gun ammo(which they claim is 1600 ft/s but its not) or you could go one step lighter if you can find it and put the "30 mauser" (7.63x25) in there, its WAY underpowered. The PPSH's were VERY Cheaply made and I don't know that I would want to shoot Czech TOK ammo in one of them, especially a late war PPsh. What I was referring to was the crap they put on and around the primers that tends to junk up around the hammer and trigger assembly and adds to the already difficult issue of the hard primers. Add to that the fact that one or two dry fires and your pin is shot, which, the return spring will take care of that. Regardless of what you hear on this thread, replace your pins, I learned the hard way after I broke my first pin, I bought a 2 surplus replacement and an armorers kit before I found out about the hardened aftermarket Pins.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts