Cybersecurity Bill includes Mag ban!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mdemotte, Jul 29, 2012.

1. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

The cybersecurity bill heading for the Senate contains a provision making magazines that hold 10+ rds illegal!! 10year prison term!! Hear we go again!! It didnt take long for the vultures in DC, NY and NJ to circle their pray!

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Then they better revoke my license if they pass it or kiss my lawyers a$$
    Class b license to carry= up to 10 rnds
    Class a ltc= high capacity= more than 10 rnds
    I didn't just pay $600 for a pre-ban glock 20 to have the 15 rnd mags taken away.
    Molon labe b!tche$ gfy
    Nemo me impune lacessit

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

4. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

6. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

You must live in Massachusetts... Id be pissed too thats alot of work!!

7. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Not sure if i understand , It says SA-2575 will make it illegal to own or transfer large capacity feeding devices. Then down further it says sales and transfer will be allowed until the law takes effect. So can we keep the ones we already have. or will millions of high cap mags be confiscated.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yep. When I called all the gun shops within 100 miles they told me good luck. It took about 4 months to find the damn thing.

9. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

Yeah I didnt understand that either.... The first article I seen said it would be all mags... Which would be unheard off ( door to door confiscation would cost billions) . I would think that it would mags sold after the law. You would have to have proof that what you have is "preban" imagine going to the range and getting pulled over and having "prove" your 2012 glock was in fact preban!!

10. Yunus

Yunus New Member

You don't need proof in Maryland where this is the law right now. You can't buy or sell a 30 round magazine but owning and using one is fine and no "proof" is required to show that you bought it before the law took effect.

11. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I work at a gun shop a few hrs a month for free range time, and ammo discounts. I havn't been there since the shooting, but talked to one of the owners on Friday. He said they have been swamped , SW/COLT/RUGER are having a hard time keeping up with certain models. They have over 200 guns on back order, and ammo, mags, etc, are flying out the door. He said it does not seem like its an increase of new gun owners, so much as it is people stocking up. Im going to be there 4 hrs on Sat. so will be able to give a more detailed report after that. But this Senate amendment will just throw more gas on the fire

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a long-time supporter of tougher gun laws, went after both Obama and Romney on Monday for what he called an absence of leadership on the issue.

“If Washington doesn't act, 48,000 Americans will be murdered with guns during the next president's term,” Bloomberg said. “We should be having a great debate among two accomplished leaders and the people they're asking to hire them."

Just for sh!ts and giggles anyone got the statistics for firearm murders nationwide per year?

13. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I posted the entire section that was added in the bill, here is the link:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f13/cyber-security-bill-may-include-
    gun-control-69097/index2.html

14. readygirl

readygirl New Member

M Moore said there were 13,000 murders in the USA in 2010, 8,700 of them were CAUSED by firearms.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Damn I was hoping his numbers were way off. Oh well

16. readygirl

readygirl New Member

lol.........

17. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

^^^^Yep I had a guy spend some money too :D As a home based guy just starting out I've seen an uptick as well. Not anything with big margins but an uptick nonetheless.

18. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I guess the other 4,300 murders must have been CAUSED by people ?

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No they were caused by the bullets. Lol