CVA wolf reciever issue

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by JonM, Oct 30, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

does anyone have a parts diagram for a cva wolf blackpowder rifle reciever?? i had to take mine apart to get rust off the hammer. i thought i got all the salts off but i didnt :( the pieces are soaking in kroil oil atm.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I imagine one of these will be close enough to be of help.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

unfortunately no diagram. i dont think any of those are current cva production.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats the manual i have. its pretty useless. ive bee looking for a week now and kicking myself for not taking pics of the parts before i took it all apart

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Inlines can be a pita. I'm not having any luck finding anything.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

yeah im just figuring that out...

if i get it back together i think ill make a how to do it post for other folks dumb as i am for buying one of these.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm sure it will be very handy for someone. I've had similar experiences where I took a gun apart and walked away for a week while waiting for parts and then had a hell of a time remembering how things went. I learned real fast to take pictures and reassemble while waiting on parts.

8. fmj

fmj Active Member

Yeah, i dropped the trigger group out of mine to clean and it popped into a thousand peices...2 days before season :eek:

SERIOUS PITA!!

Your not dumb for buying it. Its a damn fine weapon that shoots straight and devastating to game. Your dumb, as i am, for thinking you can take it apart and get it back together! :p

Do like i did....contact local gunsmith!

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Doesnt matter how well it shoots if its not easily user serviceable its not worth much to me. I dont want to pay a gunsmith to put it together everytime i clean it.

10. fmj

fmj Active Member

Just dont drop the trigger group and you'll be fine. After i dis assembled mine i found the springs werent really that dirty. and that was after a few years of shooting. I shoot my wolf quite a bit at the range.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  11. JonM

JonM Moderator

the hammer was rusting up had to get in there to clean it. im prolly gonna say f-it and get a better designed muzzle loader

12. fmj

fmj Active Member

imma go out on a limb here and suggest they (inlines) are all pretty close to the same as far as design...

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

I was thinking more old school like a lyman flintlock trade gun or something along those lines.

14. fmj

fmj Active Member

Yeah, sidelocks are pretty cool as well. I have a CVA Hawken...that thing beats the hell outta me. But its killed quite a few deer.

But there again, i took it apart to "fix" and ruined it.:eek: I need to send the barrel back to the company for a new one.