CVA 9v electrip black powder

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by sgttessnc, Nov 29, 2011.

1. sgttessnc

sgttessnc New Member

I found a place that has a pretty good sale on these guys, anyone have any experience with them? looking for hands on experience please.

thank you,

I am intrigued with the trigger stating it is a switch not a "trigger" so pull is different.

2. tdperry

tdperry New Member

I have one with the stainless barrel. Even with a 1:28 twist, it shoots the hornady round ball with a .010 patch very well (talking 3/4" group at 50 yards). It's a nice gun for when the weather is bad and you don't want to have to fool with keeping your powder dry (my other one is a rocklock).

3. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Not No, But Hell No......................

4. tdperry

tdperry New Member

If you are referring to the fact that it is not a side lock, or an inline, then quit being snobbish! :D
    By the same token, all the inlines came out for was to allow a bunch of lazier shooters to hunt an extra week or two in the black powder season. That's why several states are going back to sidelocks only during the BP season, which I agree with.
    What I find so amusing is so many people talk trash about the gun, and they have never even handled or shot one. It's one of the most accurate BP rifles I own, and is more accurate than a few of the centerfire ones I have. Shoots pelleted powder fine, but I prefer the real stuff myself (Goex FFFg) for all my smoking needs. Also, the trigger (being a switch) is one of the nicest I've shot (other than the 1981 Argentine with a replacement Hubert Concepts trigger that I have). ;)

5. quigleysharps4570

quigleysharps4570 New Member

I've been caught out in some pretty good rain and snow storms with my little flintlock and it never made me wish I had one of those electric jobs. ;) Besides...that's what my caplocks are for if I were to get too lazy to not wanna bother with my flinter. :)

6. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

Agreed, Quigley. Its too bad that we dont have any commons sense on the Fish and Game commission here, to put it back like we first designed it.

7. tdperry

tdperry New Member

I didn't get mine to get an extra week or two of hunting in (in fact, in my county in Texas there is not even a muzzle loader period). I use them for all bigger game hunting during normal season (deer, hog, 'yote, etc.). If they had a BP only season, I'd be using my flinter or the percussion we just got or my ROA revolver.