Customized Mauser Post Pics here..

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by The_Mapex_Killer, Feb 2, 2012.

1. The_Mapex_Killer

The_Mapex_Killer New Member

This is a 1938 mixed numbered Turkish Mauser I picked up for FREE.. I plan on getting a Boyd/bold trigger soon but for now just the normal trigger is in it.. I have the ATI stock, made a nice cheek rest and wrapped the barrel with some camp(not sure bout that so please leave me some thoughts on the barrel), I also made a small 3 round ammo pouch along with the 2 round one on the cheek rest....

Attached Files:

2. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Furst off, how did you land a free mauser!? Second, wher can I get a free one!? LOL, you have a nice looking rifle there, and that is the first time I have seen one in that stock. It looks pertty good. Also I am digging your home made ammo pouches, very cool. The cammo on the barrel is a new twist, but if your barrel heats up it may be a problem.

3. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Wow, that looks like a first-class custom project you have going. I think you have something special going on with your rifle. Good job!

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I likey. Like Colmustard pointed out though, heat could be a problem with that barrel wrap. I've shot my Mosin to the point that the handguards were smoking, I know in that kind of heat the wrap would just slide off leaving a nice slimy goo behind. But if you don't shoot it that hard, shouldn't be a problem.

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

How does the strait bolt function w/ the scope?? I had a Smith put a Brownells $9.95 bent handle on my sons rifle. I have the Dura coat camo paint for it to match the stock.

Edit: it is an M38 Swedish Mauser.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  6. TLuker

TLuker New Member

I love seeing old rifles in original condition and mint. But what I love seeing even more is someone breathing new life into an old gun and using it for what it was created for. That is nice. :cool:

7. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

That stock looks awesome :)

8. jpattersonnh

Boyds thumbhole varminter

9. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

I might get one for my savage 110 cuz that looks cool

10. The_Mapex_Killer

Lol.. forgot to add that straight bolt handle is now an ATI bent bolt on bolt handle.. I just didn't have the new one on when I took the pic.. Also about the camo on the barrel, Im unhappy with the look of it so im taking it off as we speak, im not sure if it would get to hot cause I didn't give it a chance to.. Thanks for looking and your comments.. Post some pics of your mausers if you have them.. Oh and I picked this one up from my dad, someone owed him money and my dad really didn't want the gun but he knew I was looking for a bolt action rifle to fix up and make my own and this one was exactly what I wanted.. These stocks are so easy to put on it should be illegal..lol.. Im not even a gunsmith.. Thanks

11. jpattersonnh

This is my 1955 Swede large ring '98, still have the original stock. I wanted something that would take a beating. Also a Boyds stock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

That's nice

13. chewchew

chewchew New Member

Custom 308 with nikon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  14. The_Mapex_Killer

Took the old Mauser to the range yesterday and 3rd shot at 100yards hit center target.. Not bad for this old rifle.. Going to try it at 200 today.. wish me luck.... The ati stock seems to be a great investment( accuracy and recoil wise) so far, not to pricey, you can instal it yourself and easy to customize with bipods scope paint or whatever you want.... Oh and the first two shots were low left about four to six inches.. Note: I Do have some kind of problem with the bolt once a shot is fired, its hard to lift the handle to the eject round position, once the bolt is vertical its easy to eject the round and load the new one... Any ideas?? Oh and didn't have any misfires of any kind..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012