Customer Service tip - this is so worth reading...........

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by canebrake, Jun 9, 2010.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

So, how many times have you called a company's service phone line and found that the rep. can barely speak English? Once it was so bad I demanded to speak with someone who spoke English. Right at that moment, I broke the code, the secret password for customer service.

Come to find out that every American company using overseas operators must transfer you to an American rep. by saying...
    " I want to speak to a representative in America .."
    (Don't take no for an answer on this.)

They must transfer you after that request. Try it the next time you get Raj.

Attached Files:

2. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

That's why I like Cox Cable - even for my phone service - over AT&T, when I call Cox customer support, I get someone not only in America, but in my region of the country, to boot. :D Every time. Not that I HAVE to call them often.

3. jbd

jbd New Member

Thanks cane. I had no idea I could do that but I will from now on.

4. ALSGUN

ALSGUN New Member

Unfortunately, I have had to ask for this several times, I always try to communicate but if it gets to the point that I see we are not getting anywhere I have asked for and received an English speaking person...

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Since ours is a world wide company, depending on what time of day you call the computer help desk, you get India, Ireland or Western Canada. One of my co-workers, PHD type- REALLY smart guy, happens to be from India. One day he called, got "Raj", with a THICK accent, so he switched to Hindi. "Raj" paniced- big time. "NO! NO! I must be speaking ENGLISH !" :p

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Outsourcing, and we wonder why there is such high unemployment.

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Definately BUMP worthy!