Customer fatally shot a would-be robber

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mesinge2, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100426/NEWS97/100429632#customer-shoots-would-be-robber

He sounds like a hero to me but I just hope the customer isn't sued by the suspect's family.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

He probably saved the customers and the cashiers lives.

3. freefall

freefall New Member

Good on him, hope they don't release his name.

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I make sure im carrying in walgreens for that reason alone, its like a crackhead playground.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Flush...whoosh.

6. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

one down, plenty more to go!

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Outstanding!!! :D

Screw the suspect's family!! :mad:

Sounds like a justified shoot to me.

Who's next?.............

Jack

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

No Doubt. Stuff like this is why I carry.

9. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

That's a definite YES. He shot the armed perp and held the other one until the police arrived. All in all, a good day for the GOOD guys and a definitely bad day for the BAD guys. Justifiable AND included the removal of a piece of human trash from the world.

10. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

thank god no good people were hurt only the lazy dirt-bags that don't wanna work, screw the family of the dead gunman he deserved it!

11. m72law

m72law New Member

sounds like a horrible story:(...with a happy ending:D

12. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

I agree with the "screw the family" line...he aimed a live firearm at them and he got shot for it, though being hit several times and still living? damn!!!

13. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I just said that because all of these criminals have families that sue and say the their child was "just troubled and didn't deserve that" - blah, blah, blah.

I just hope the customer doesn't have to go to a trial for the "shooting"

14. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

well they let him out straight away, he was legally allowed to carry and had the permits required...and was in a kill or be killed situation, most i can see him in court for is prosecuting the other guy (who will likely get off light since he was not armed).

15. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

It's sad that a man who acted to protect himself and others has to fear for his future. The man is a hero in my book for seeing a situation and taking quick action.

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Quoted for truth!

17. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I dont know about that state, but in Florida, our castle doctrine says that:
    1. you have no duty to retreat
    2. if anyone breaks into your home or occupied car you AUTOMATICALLY assume possible death or great bodily harm, so that automatically justifies....
    3. use of deadly force. the best part is....
    4. prosecutor proves guilt, victiim does not prove innocence, even better is.....
    5. suspects families CANNOT sue victims because suspect is shot or killed

but this is the castle doctrine, not public self defense, so i dont know about florida, let alone nebraska, whether or not he is shielded from a civil suit. i hope the judge throws it out emediately if there is one.

I cant wait for the camera footage, but it probably wont be released

18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Time for a suit against the B/G's family for the cost of the ammo, time taken to deal with the situation and emotional distress of the shooter, crime scene clean up, counseling for all the patrons/employees, etc. Raising dirtbags should be costly.

19. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

+1 Robo .

20. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I completely agree with that, unfortunately too many bleeding heart liberal judges would throw this out, yet, would allow the grieving suffering family to try and get paid because they raised a piece of sh^t.

Thinking of it, he should go to the NRA, and ask to get some help with hiring the best lawyers possible to actually do just that and sue the suspects family. Hope 1 of 2 outcomes happen.

1- he wins and gets reimbursed for all expenses paid for ammo
    or 2. they realise the legal system is effed up and push for tort and lawsuit reform.