custom wood stocks for ar?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by powg, Nov 17, 2010.

1. powg

powg New Member

a buddy said he saw where someone was selling beautiful custom wood stocks/2piece round forend for ar-15 and ar-10...is this true or was he b/s me?

2. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Several companies offer wood stock sets for the AR rifles. Rock River, JP Enterprises, Precision Firearms and DPMS come to mind right off.

3. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Why would anyone want to defile the "Black Rifle" in that manner:confused:

4. powg

powg New Member

wood ar

thanks....for the info, have nothing against syn and love black rifles but a burled walnut ,or other exotic wood would only make the ar better imo

5. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Because they took off the black plastic and put it on their AK-47? :p

6. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

First off I love a good piece of wood and have a bunch stashed away but we are carrying things too far when we want to dress up matty with a wood suit.:eek:

7. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

I wouldn't consider this defling mjy AR. I also have the Rifle length handguard that came with the set but Didn't choose to replace the free float YHM unit
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  8. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

I think the wood furniture is just something to set your rifle apart from the other fifty black rifles that are on the firing line, and now I am seriously considering a 20" barrel A2 style flat top with wood furniture on it as my next build.

9. powg

powg New Member

wood stock ar

ny marksman hit a homerun with that one ,damn that looks good kinda brings back that auto ordinance ''tommy'' thing doesnt it? now if we only had a finned barrel with a cutts comp on it.... shoot straight you bastards! ,dont want to make it all messy ....breaker morant