"custom" shotshell loading??

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by alex19ccc, Oct 19, 2011.

1. alex19ccc

alex19ccc New Member

hi there!
    i do alot of messing around with loading ALL kinds of things into 12 ga birdshot shells, and vlasting them out!! ppl have told me im a moron..and im going to blow my hands off... well keep talkin, cuz i like to put things to the test, and so far so good!! ive luanched airsoft bb's, salt+rocks ;) broken glass, tack nails...hell ive luanched skittles at 1200 fps!! (taste the rainbow!)

i was wondering if anyone else packs shells...and any other good idea for shell packing? :)

2. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Make sure you keep good records. It'll look good on your Darwin award.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

no, i don't want to be classified as a moron! i tend to do my loading by the book, that way all my body parts stay where they belong and my gun doesn't become scrap metal.

4. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Couldn't agree more ;).

6. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Hell I thought that is what a scatter gun was for, I too have launched all sorts of crap from a shotgun !

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hey y'all stop doggin this guy! I want to hear more about this, it's good entertainment.

Load up some loose change man! I've heard of guys doing that in Vietnam! Post the results!

8. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

Great....:cool: , i think he tryed it and died... no msg back
    way tooo gooo!!!!!
    im just kidding. sounds like a darwin awards kinda think. not for me though..
    i need my hands

seriourly though be carefull, if your going to be a moran. wear a good amount of protection.. seriourly

9. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I know that when cannons first came about they used pratically anything they could find that would fit down the barrel of it to fire. When you apply the same thing to a shotgun there's some problems that can happen. You can seriously damage the inside of the barrel and choke. If you fired lets say a single big rock out of the shell it could break the choke or even blow up the firearm if it got stuck inside the choke. The reason for this is when the bullet or single projective engages rifling or the choke it gets swagged, which means it is compressed to provide a solid seal so gases will not escape in front of the projectile.

10. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

you also have load weight and barrel pressure to think about dont tell me all this JUNK weighs less than lead it just aint smart=#1 way to stay out of trouble be more intelegent

11. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

this almost as stuped as shell cutting

12. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I once took the 00 out of a 2.75" shell and loaded it to about the same weight in .22cal lead pellet gun pellets,and made a paper cap to hold them in just to see what it would pattern like for fun.I never actually tried it out though,maybe someday,or maybe i'll just buy some #4 buck and get the same results for less money--haha.I have heard of rocksalt though.

13. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

What exactly is cut shell?I have heard the term but never looked it up.The reason I ask is because our DNR rules say that 5 days before firearm deer season you are not allowed to be in the woods with a centerfire pistol,rifle,or shotgun with buckshot,slug or "cut shell".

14. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Check this out;
    The Box O' Truth #35 - A Load of Dimes Vs. The Box O' Truth - Page 1

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

wonder if fishing hooks would be an effective goblin deterrent out of a 10ga...

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Home made flechettes!! Unless that's illegal of course. Is it?

17. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

a shell scored around the base of the wad in thory comes out like a slug also forcing part of the hull down the barrel not good

18. Axxe55

he's only 19! keeps playing with things like loaded ammo, i doubt he makes it to 20!

19. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

20. Axxe55

with YouTube and Jackass around, there are too many stupid people who play recklessly with firearms! good way to clean up the gene pool i guess! :eek: