custom ruger 10/22 stocks would there be any interest

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Waffen, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waffen

Waffen New Member

I make these stock for the ruger 10/22 im just looking to see if it is something anyone besides myself would find interesting. if i were to sell them it would prob be around 250.00. let me know what your guy's opinions are. (IE) price looks etc. thanks

[​IMG]

2. Waffen

Waffen New Member

judging by the replies id say not.

3. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Give it a few days. Why don't you give us a little info on your stocks.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

While not for me personally - I could see a market for them. Everyone loves to dress up their 10/22's - it's one of the most personalized pieces out there... LOL

I haven't priced any 10/22 stuff in a while though, so I can't comment on price.

JD

5. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

You may have better luck "testing the waters" at Rimfirecentral.com

This board is great, but ALL they do over there is RF stuff, and in a fanatical kinda way (like guys dumping in excess of $1500 into a 10/22!) Good luck.

6. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

I wouldn't call the $1500.00 I have as you put it "DUMPED IN" to this .22 fanatical.
    [​IMG]

I might say this one is a little more fanatical for a .22 but then it was only half the cost of the top one.
    [​IMG]

As far as interest in the original posted stock question, I lost interest once I found out that it is made from a plastic Airsoft toy frame.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I know there are guys over there that would buy them stocks. Like Dillinger They are not for me. But the guy in the 10/22 forums at RFC are a bit on the nutty side. Some have 10/22 that cost as much as custom center fire rifles.

8. Waffen

Waffen New Member

yeah plastic wooooooooooooooooooooooo look at a HK a real one and you might see umm wait.... is that..... yes it is PLASTIC.

9. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I didn't mean "dumped" as in wasted by any means. If that's the direction you choose to go with your 10/22 that's your decision and I applaud you if you got the results you wanted.

And I didn't mean fanatical like Timothy Treadwell fanatical. How about "very enthusiastic"?

I spend quite a bit of time at RFC since it's the best place to find stuff on my absolute favorite, 10/17 M2 conversion. The info I got was priceless so I wasn't trying to sound negative.

I do think your rifle is beautiful. If I had the money I would probably do the same thing. I probably would, however, consider myself fanatical. The Timothy Treadway kind of fanatical. :D

10. lilhewy

lilhewy New Member

mail me the info on how i can buy one of these!

11. dopefish

dopefish New Member

custom stocks

you still making custom 10/22 stocks ?

12. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Looks like you need to learn the difference between plastic and high strength polymers.

13. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

That looks great. Is it an airsoft case?

14. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I'll mention it to my friend who has a 10/22 I like the look of that stock and 250 is not that steep.

15. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

if they werent plastic i would. ive read reveiws from a guy who did that with his 597 and they break pretty easy. also 250 bucks is really expensive when the airsoft kit only cost about 50 bucks:( if you were to make them yourself that would be a different story:rolleyes:

16. DYCO

DYCO New Member

I would like to purchase your stock for the 10/22 (917) 626-6429 John

17. DYCO

DYCO New Member

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You know 10/22's are like a fat cousin. No matter what kind of a dress you put her in she is still your fat cousin.

19. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Hehehe :D

If more people would bed their actions after getting a new stock...

IF YA AIN'T MAKING STOCKS FOR MARLIN .22's, YOU ARE MISSING OUT!! There have been more Marlin 60's sold than Ruger 10/22's over the years. Fact. Probably because Marlin had a 30 year headstart ;)

20. MasterSergeantA

MasterSergeantA New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.