custom kydex holsters?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by okieboy, Apr 14, 2013.

1. okieboy

okieboy New Member

Can anybody recommend a custom iwb kydex holster maker? I'm look for a comfortable carry holster for everyday use.

2. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Check out the clsssifieds on this site..cannot vouch for the guys work Bc I don't have his product..but I have spoken to him via pm and he is nice enough and had lots of pics on his fb page.

3. Bighead

Bighead New Member

For inside-waistband, I would say Comp-Tac.

Raven Concealment and Bravo Concealment also make excellent kydex holsters.

4. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

I've been thru a few but the 2 best I can attest to are foxx iwb and PJ holsters... PJ holster is my favorite hands down... my weapon is a Springfield xds

5. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

6. simpkinst

simpkinst New Member

Whitehat holsters. Mac tuck.

Awesome IWB holster. Can get multiple kydex for different guns, saving lots of money.

This is the only holster that holds up to every day use. Can get in and out of vehicles, sit/stand up, whatever and gun does not move. Never have to figit with it.

7. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

PHLster kydex holster. made in philadelphia. look up phillyedc and phlster and check out his work and website. really nice guy too.

8. birddog114

birddog114 New Member

I have been wearing a Shephard holster the past month and love it. It is a cheaper version of a crossbreed holster but a good quality holster. I also love my blade tech holster. Both are great holsters.

9. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought an IWB for a Shield 9 mm at a gun show. They fit the holster to the gun right there and it has been great. I have had it 7 months. It is comfortable, retains the gun, and small.

For me the most important part is the final fit to the gun. I have a Ruger SR9c I may take to the guy at the next show.

I am in Central Florida, but it is a skill I could see being employed at almost any show or even some flea markets.

10. 12string

12string New Member

crossbreed: my Nano fits just fine in my super tuck made for my full size S&W 439
    [​IMG]

11. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

CrossBreed would get my vote, too. I've carried a full-size XD-40 in one for years.

Note their liberal warranty policy.

Discount to MIL/LEO and NRA members.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

12. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I recently bought a hidden hybrid holster. It's beyond comfortable and it allows it to be worn IWB and OWB. I carry my Shield .40 in it and I highly recommend it. I've had several others, but this is by far my favorite.

image-1887930850.jpg

Attached Files:

13. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

SharkTac Holsters wins my contract hands down. The owner (Brandon) is a maniac perfectionist and guarantees the holsters for life - The gun's, yours or his, whichever is longer! He does holsters for guns, knives, axes, phones, radios or anything you wish to carry and has done these for state and federal law enforcement. I have a couple very expensive leather holsters sitting in a drawer because this company is too good. It would be hard to do better than this.

14. GrtWhytHype

GrtWhytHype New Member

Concealment solutions. Custom! And by custom I mean CUSTOM! Got a light on your gun? Got a laser? Want it to whisper sweet nothings in your ear at night? He'll make it!

He does a couple different models with different materials. IWB, OWB, appendage, pocket or bag holsters. Even does some spare mag holders and belts. Great stuff! If he can get his hands on one he'll even do oddball models.

Ask him about the Unicorn hide!

Jason is his name. Good guy. Family run business and made in 'Merica!

http://www.concealmentsolutions.com/

15. roguestew

roguestew New Member

Theis holster high quality got it in 9 days $65 total for horsehide he pays shipping

ForumRunner_20130502_110343.jpg

16. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

image-3884039017.jpg

image-580026088.jpg

image-3463796052.jpg

image-3399237166.jpg

Got my multi holster in the mail yesterday and all I have to say is holy crap this is comfortable. Not extra material like a hybrid. Not that their bad but didn't want a big piece of leather for this small gun. Retention is amazing and looks great. Best part is it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

17. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

Yep, from the looks of that last pic, ^^^^, retention looks great!:D

18. cotex

cotex New Member

I started with one for the glock19 and bought a od color for the 30 the day that one came in my holster guy announces he just got atacs available needless to say I needed atacs for the glock30. They feel great with a hoodie on. Wearing the multi-flage with the 19 today. Summer coming soon so iwb holsters are coming out or should I say going in.

Tex

Attached Files:

19. LesBrown

LesBrown New Member

All I know is don't but from Foxx. They don't honor their so called lifetime warranty and are a real hassle. They're great to work with when hire ordering but just wait until there's a problem. Nothing but excuses. Just another sorry company.

20. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

I had a similar situation with foxx myself... ordered a iwb left hand draw... it came right hand draw... I emailed the problem with no response.. so I remolded it LHD now I make my own... but agreed terrible service