Custom built arms inc

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by loctite44144, Aug 13, 2013.

1. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Hi I am looking to buy an upper from them. Has anyone used these uppers and if so how are thay

2. CGS

CGS New Member

Never heard of them. Googlefu brings up nothing.

What kind of upper are you looking to buy?

3. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  4. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  5. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I would go with PSA, great rep.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

How about telling us what you see in them?

To be honest, I just skimmed over their stuff and was not impressed, certainly not enough to become their guinea pig. I'd go with something else. PSA is a great choice for quality parts on a budget.

7. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

1. The availability
    2. The price
    3. The looks

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well I'd look hard at other brands. Be sure you're not settling for less.

9. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

If your not convinced about that brand check out Franklin Armory. They are very nice guns uppers and lowers.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

I would just get a bcm upper the bfh midlength lightweight prolly the best upper out there for a general usage role. Addon magpul moe guards a bcm bcg and call it a day.

11. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I would take the advice and go with a proven manufacturer. People don't realize during the boom that random machinist just started forming companies. Some know what they are doing, but most don't. They use sub par materials, out of spec components, third party parts ect... Just save yourself the headache and the chance of failure and buy quality.

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

What do you want for looks ? If I was doing it all over again , Heres how I would choose.
    #1 Quality Manufacturer in your price range, BCM, PSA, Ranier Arms
    Known Reliability ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    #2 Looks , Because these can be changed at any time its just a new dress on the same ol' girl .

Looks does no good if its not a reliable firearm

13. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Ok I like the Samson foregrip and the stainless barrel. Thay have the same feed ramps and bcg as the rest only thing that thay dont have is a big name. It's not like I am buying a hi point

14. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Ok I have researched different companies that you all mentioned and there all out of stock and the ones that thay had is stock is to expensive or has a long lead time anywhere from 3 to 8 months. I am building my first ar

15. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Well you just joined in the fun. The wait time is a killer but you can find decent ar's out there. Don't expect to find one for $700.00. My plans took a sharp curve. I know have a bug out ar instead of the long range shooter I was looking for. Kinda glad it worked out that way because now I'm getting into the red dot world instead of rifle scopes on everything.

16. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Yes that is what I am going for a bug out AR. You all know some thing to take to the range and have fun with.
    So far I am in to for around $300.
    Ds arms lower, cmmg parts kit, and Magpul furniture
    I really don't want anything expensive because it will get beat up and ran hard

17. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

That cool but it is not what I am looking for. I am looking for a 16.5 in barrel

18. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Keep your eyes open , PSA has one that pops up ever so often but it sells out quickly once they have them for sale. If your going to " run it hard " I would pass on the SS barrel . It will not last 1/3 as long as a CL barrel . I think you will have a hard time getting good accuracy after 4000 rds especially if you intend on shooting some steel cased ammo thru it , not to mention " ran hard" does not take long to hit that 4000 rd range . Your money , Im just giving you my honest opinion

19. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

This is what I am staring with

Attached Files: