Firearms Talk banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Exactly what I didn’t think . I was just joking tac , never thought of you that way. Maybe more like the ancient family that invented modern day office equipment like the thumb tack?

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Hanging around here will give a newfer and idea how discussions go amongst shooters. I did figure that odd flute on the left side of the stock. That would work well if the left hand was also holding the pistol grip. I, for one, cannot stand a mystery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Thanks again everyone, this was a fun discussion and ive learned a lot. I never saw you and started collecting guns in my early 20s, but stuck with mainly handguns with a shotgun or two on the side, so I am pretty new to rifles, especially when you get into calibers the average person doesn’t hear as much about, meaning 7x57 instead of calling it 7mm, so I appreciate the help again. Also, I was able to get the gun out and she is a beaut.

·
Registered
426 Posts
On a side note, Are you a pilot, or were you in your career?
I've got my private ticket, and have owned several flying machines, PA22-160, C182E, Rallye Minerva, and built up over 900 hours. I worked in ag, crop dusting (ground crew chief), in the '70's and '80's and flew everything on the ranch, J3, C172, C210, Stearman. Since I've retired, I'm in the game again working seasonally for Jensen Aviation in Pingree, Idaho. When I was in video production, I shot many west coast air shows from Bakersfield to the Reno Air Races. Lots of air-to-air footage. Thanks for asking, PAX

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I've got my private ticket, and have owned several flying machines, PA22-160, C182E, Rallye Minerva, and built up over 900 hours. I worked in ag, crop dusting (ground crew chief), in the '70's and '80's and flew everything on the ranch, J3, C172, C210, Stearman. Since I've retired, I'm in the game again working seasonally for Jensen Aviation in Pingree, Idaho. When I was in video production, I shot many west coast air shows from Bakersfield to the Reno Air Races. Lots of air-to-air footage. Thanks for asking, PAX
That’s great-I’m a pilot so I always have to ask if there’s a possibility. Sounds like youve flown some fun stuff.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've never owned any kind of an airplane, but I HAVE flown inverted in a two-seat F16 at 150' above the runway.

At 550 mph.
I'LL TAKEIT!!!
I've got footage out of the nose of a B25 on the deck and in the pattern with all the ships at Minter Field..
I shot out of a Howard 250. PAX

Reactions: Oldoutlaw
81 - 90 of 90 Posts