Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering is anyone can help me identify details about this rifle I just picked up. I’ve attached pics of all markings and would love to get any details you may have. Some specifics would be country of origin and year made, ammo that will work best, and anything else interesting. I think it’s German but I just not really sure. Thanks for any help.
Wood Bicycle part Bumper Automotive exterior Hardwood

Wood Bicycle part Bicycle fork Trigger Human leg

Wood Office supplies Cable Audio equipment Wire

Bicycle part Wood Material property Auto part Metal

Automotive tire Wood Gas Tints and shades Cylinder

Automotive tire Chair Wood Material property Trigger

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
That looks as if t may be a G33-40 action from the marks. It would be good to have more clear pictures of the marks. If so, there's some serious money involved in building that rifle. You got a gem. I'm impressed.

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
That looks as if t may be a G33-40 action from the marks. It would be good to have more clear pictures of the marks. If so, there's some serious money involved in building that rifle. You got a gem. I'm impressed.
It is a G33-40. His #6 picture clearly shows that stamped into his receiver on it's left side..

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
It's not so clean from on my antique computer. Not crazy about the style but the quality of wood and checkering is very nice.

Reactions: Oldoutlaw

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a few more pics but I’ve akready shown all the markings I can find. It’s a beautiful gums and sounding even better now. Does anyone have an estimated worth? I’m not interested in selling but am curious. Also, can I put 7mm ammo or do I need to find 7-57 specific? Thanks for the help, I do much more with handguns but have recently started getting some rifles and feel a less educated on them.
Bicycle part Cylinder Metal Gas Pipe

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

Bicycle part Wood Metal Cylinder Auto part

Wood Tints and shades Art Wire Electrical wiring

Bicycle part Wood Cylinder Nickel Auto part

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Bicycle part

Brown Vision care Wood Eyewear Audio equipment

Camera accessory Bicycle part Optical instrument Camera lens Machine

Wood Bicycle part Trigger Air gun Revolver

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
I'd like to have the cost to duplicate that rifle today in my walking around money.

Reactions: primer1

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Is the rifle, for sure, a 7x57. For that rifle,7x57 would be a natural in that rifle. it's always good to check in a built up rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
The marks just do not show up well on my machine. Thanks for the help. Wonder if there is a clue on who did the work or make of barrel. I'm thinking that the base, rings and scope may be later than rifle. OP did not ask all this stuff. Just curious.

Reactions: Oldoutlaw

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
The marks just do not show up well on my machine. Thanks for the help. Wonder if there is a clue on who did the work or make of barrel. I'm thinking that the base, rings and scope may be later than rifle. OP did not ask all this stuff. Just curious.
I'm curious also. That is one expensive rifle he has.

·
Premium Member
I carry a 9mm. Shield 1.0 or an S&W model 12-2. Mauser shooter & collector
9,623 Posts
It's still a reworked military rifle and no matter how beautiful it is it won't bring as much as you think. There's the stigma of the "dirty birds" too. More and more people will not let anything with a Swastika on it in their house.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
The last built up rifle I had made ran over a $1000.00 with my bringing a nicely converted 98 action. Mine rifle has a B&C stock. There's got to be builders name on that rifle unless it was done piecemeal.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Check out the trigger guard.
The trigger guard show either a mag release or a floor plate release. Mucho custom work in that piece.

However, it WAS a G33/40 - now it's a nicely sporterised medium calibre sporting rifle with a G33/40 action - somewhat like having a Ferrari-engined Chevy. And we STILL don't know who we are talking to.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts