Curtis Reeves

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by MaineMan, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

I cant believe know is talking about this guy, Curtis Reeves.
    Lord knows I love my gun rights, these types scare the sh!t out of me! because they will ruin it for us

Like I said in another post...some people get to much bravado when they get a pistol in their pocket and do things they wouldn't if they didn't?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Who is curtis reeves??

A link or three is required :confused:

3. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

4. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

he picked a fight with a guy over a cell phone...some poor fool was killed another injured and a 70 year old dude goes to jail...all because this dude had a 380 in his pocket and a personality defect,

5. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

probably so :)

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

This guy is a retired cop? How about a law that states

"no retired cops in theatres"?

So now, in a prime killing zone, in the dark, during a set predictable

time of a movie showing, we are all supposed to sit helpless, because

some police officer didn't have the restraint to NOT do something

which he was thoroughly TRAINED is wrong?

My opinion?

Our country's leadership has to lead by example. B.O., put

your two daughters in a dark theatre, WITH NO PROTECTION

for two solid hours. OH,TOO DANGEROUS? Well, then

now you know how we feel...

7. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

As usual, CNN started with false reporting : claiming Reeves shot the guy for texting . Later, CNN revealed that the victim had thrown a bag of popcorn at Reeves and that Reeves told police he was hit in the face by an unknown object .
    We don't know the facts . If the facts are similar to the current reporting, then Reeves was unjustified in firing his gun . I'm willing to wait for the facts to become known . ( I learned my lesson from the Duke not-a-rape case, Kobe Bryant's non-rape, Zimmerman, the Rodney King circus and many other news stories . )

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Someone already has wrote a song about him, "Bubba shot the Jukebox"

9. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

I think its pretty clear...Reeves picked a fight with a younger, taller, stronger man because of a pet peeve of his. He probably had a little extra confidence with his 380 in his pocket. He couldn't believe this guy would disrespect him by throwing popcorn in his face. How dare he do that to this decorated officer

10. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

What was the point of this comment?

11. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

I also think the guy who was shot is at fault here...for one, you should respect your elders, and for 2 he should have realized he was dealing with a somewhat unstable person

12. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

it appears to me (after a few beers) that what we have here is the meeting of two bullies...one armed with a 380, and one with a bag of popcorn...380 seemed to be the better choice :confused:

13. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I think that is a pretty good evaluation. Both of them were insulted. One was an ex-cop who thought the other guy should be humble in his presence. The other was a salty younger guy who was insulted by the audacity of the old guy trying to boss him around. One did a minor display of disrespect, the other used deadly force. It now has destroyed several lives, the dead man, his family, the old crank, and his family. Terrible shame. All brought on by foolish pride.

14. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

Its so sad this had to happen, I feel sorry for the cop, and all involved...like you said so many lives are effected...pride is a weakness sometimes

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I will wait for the truth to come out! Although if it were only popcorn and the young man was unarmed not hardly probable cause for the use of deadly force. It was reported that the older guy had already been in some sort of a confrontation prior and had went to the management at the theater. But whoever at the theater was busy with someone else so he eventually left and returned to his seating area where the incident occurred. Whatever went on it is simply a tragedy. And on the face was not a justified shooting. But I will wait for the jury! The young man looked like a very respectable person in the picture with his wife and child. On the negative note the movies have a message that advises no use of cellphones in the theater. If he wanted to use it and check on the children it would have been best for him to leave his seat and step outside for a moment. And he also could have evidently handled it in another way. But it still seems the incident should have never got that far at least from the view of the situation at the present.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

There is a reason why pride is considered a deadly sin...

Two idiots in the dark..

Manslaughter without a doubt. Theaters aren't that dark. I go to more than a few movies. If you can't distinguish what popcorn is your either lying or your lying. No third option. Status as a current or former police officer has nothing to do with anything.

17. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

If your saying the guy with the phone provoked the issue, I agree! He even said before he died "I can't believe I got shot" he proly couldn't believe it because he got away with it several times before.

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

quite possibly too much emotion came to a head that night. sad when people allow their emotions to rule their behaviour. many times the effects can destroy many other lives during the encounter in the long run.

19. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

so true Axxe55 emotions over flowing, and so many lives effected...the guy that died is gone, his kid lost a father, wife lost a husband, man goes to jail, and his family will surely suffer as well. It all never should have happened and its a shame that cool heads did not prevail