currently airing shows that suck

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JonM, Mar 22, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

am i the only one that thinks tosh.0 and the new larry the cable guy show on history along with the daily show really suck??

2. TexasRed

TexasRed New Member

I like Larry. Tosh.0 sucks monkey testies

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I tried watching Tosh.0 but after 1.5 seconds of that tards mouth puking crap I was heading to the safe to either shoot myself or the tv and my wife stopped me and changed the channel....

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Bring back MAIL CALL.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

I actually kinda liked mail call.

6. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

All of the so-called "reality" or "real life" shows on any of the cable channels should be immediately flushed down the crapper. Pawn Stars. Ax Men. American Prickers...er...Pickers. Ice Road Truckers. Those on the History Channel need to be removed immediately because I see nothing about them that denotes "history," other than the history of s**tty programming.

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I think Pawn Stars fits well on History channel. I've learned a lot about historical items from that show. I know it's a reality show and they add in fluff for entertainment value but they do show history. The same can be said about American Pickers.

I enjoy Axmen although I don't know what is has to do with History and Ice Road Truckers I have never really watched.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Loggers built this country from the day people landed on the shores. They logged for shelter and firewood to cook and heat with.

That is what Loggers have to do with history.

9. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Sure but I see AFG's point about Axmen specifically having nothing to do with history, it's about modern day logging with large equipment. Except for the guys in the south who pull up old logs that were lost by the original loggers a hundred years ago.

10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

X2.

And LTCGs show does suck.

11. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Most of what's on Comedy Central anymore is total crap. So yeah, Tosh 2.0 fits that just fine. I really do think History channel has moved away from their defining genre a little. While I"ll agree that loggers have a great deal to do with our history the ones in the show are no more than a flannel shirt soap opera. Pawn Stars while very entertaining misses the mark too. I wont even go into surviv..errmm...I mean Top Shot. I think all this is THC's way of getting away from the almost constant barrage of Hitler and WWII shows. They all still on the History international. AS a whole HI has become more of a real history channel leaving the other wide open for more programs that are not rooted in history or at the least rooted in a very loose sand.:(

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

We happen to enjoy Tosh.0 - and he is the highest rated show on Comedy Central that isn't a fake news broadcast. :rolleyes:

I enjoy Pawn Stars for the history as well. I have learned a ton from watching that show. So it's always on the DVR.

I watched a few episodes of Mail Call, and I like the Gunny, but that show fell into the same problem that Future Weapons ran into. There is only so much you can tell people about a weapon system or a vehicle. Unless they can play with it, or drive it, shoot it or take it apart themselves, it kind of just becomes "And here is product X, this is what it does, here's me shooting/triggering/driving/testing it" Ta Dah!!

Anything having to do with Trucking / Logging or Baking is a complete waste of my life. Sorry.

I know how to drive a truck, I choose not to do it in stupid conditions and risk my life.

I know how to fall a tree properly, I don't need to see people trying to race their way through a stand of trees to be first to market and endanger the lives of their crew in the process.

Top Everything (Chef, Cake Maker, Resturant, Shot, Model, Bachelor/Bachelorette, Singer, Dancer, Comedian ) can suck it. They ALL make me want to scratch an itch in the back of my mouth with the barrel of a loaded shotgun.

Honest to God there are very few "good' shows on anymore, which is why we find ourselves going back through Amazon and Netflix finding old series that rated high and watching them instead.

Currently loving: The Wire; Dirty Sexy Money; Reaper (which is campy fun ) and shows on Showtime like Dexter.

Other than Justified & Chicago Code (which won't last) I can't think of anything that is recording "new" nightly that I care about.

When are Burn Notice, Leverage and Marshall Marshal coming back? :eek:

13. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Never realled watched tosh.0 but it doesn't seem to be a show i would enjoy watching.

I also can't stand jersey shore but thats just my opinion.

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'm in netflix more than the "regular TV" a lot anymore. I hoo my laptop to my TV with a HDMI cable and away I go.:)

15. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

"The Wire" One of my favorite shows ever. But yes as a whole TV sucks BAD

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I actually liked LTCG's show more than I thought I would. It sort of reminds me of Dirty Jobs without all the animal poo.
    Top Shot doesn't really belong on History Channel. I not going to complain though. Anything that puts firearms and shooting in a positive light is good. Plus I always pay close attention when the expert coaching goes on. I might actually learn something. The announcer guy is starting to wear a bit thin though.
    Tosh.0 is pretty annoying, but what do you expect, it's on Comedy Central. Annoying is their mission.

17. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I use my Netflix almost exclusively since I don't really keep hours that allow me to watch television (and I have basic cable for the same reason). Being a musician does have its down points.

However, I started watching The Walking Dead (thank you Netflix) and Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Zombies, and then gladiators and boobs....what more can a man need?

18. Car54

Car54 New Member

I'm tired of all the CSI, Law and Order type shows. They've beaten those to death. And I agree with most that all the reality shows have exceeded their usefulness (if they had any at all).

19. freefall

freefall New Member

Most currently airing shows suck. I get about 65 channels and most of the time there's nothing worth watching. Fortunately it's almost baseball season.

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah and the Yanks have been getting TATTOO'D. :(