Current projects.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bigbomar4, Dec 23, 2013.

1. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

Just interested in seeing any of yall's current projects firearm related or not.

This is what I just started on. I'm calling it project mischief due to what the truck was used for in my younger days.

She is an 85 GMC that was completely gutted when she was stolen from me.

Sorry for the poor picture quality. My garage has bad lighting and its to cold to open the doors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Great project. I miss my Blazer! But I will be finishing the soft top on the Jeep my son and I are working on while I am on vacation next week.

4. Axxe55

Rick, please tell us the top is going to be camo too!:D

5. Rick1967

So far it is the same as the light color of the camo. I made doors out of 3/4 plywood. They are painted camo to match the body. They actually look pretty good. I need to get some pics going.

6. Rick1967

Hey Bigbomar4, which engine are you going to use? Transmission?

7. Axxe55

looking forward to seeing the pictures Rick!:D sounds like it going to look pretty cool.

what would be cool, would be a late model LS series engine and transmission. could make gobs of power and still get dang good fuel mileage to boot.

8. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I'm tryin to find a heavy half or a 3/4 ton with a 454 and a turbo 400 to use as a parts truck. If I can't find one soon it might just get a 305 and a turbo 350 so that I can get her back on the road.

9. Axxe55

check out some of the older full size cars as well. one of the 454 and 400 combo's i used on one of my Monte Carlos came out of a full size Impala staion wagon. factory it was a four barrel with a single exhaust.

i didn't do much to the engine other than clean it, reseal it and repaint. i did install a new Edelbrock intake, a set of Blackjack headers, chrome valve covers and air cleaner and then had sme new duals put on. didn't change any of the internals at all, and it woke up quite a bit!

10. Rick1967

I took out a 305 and put in a 350 in my Blazer. The difference in power is incredible. The gas mileage did not change at all.

11. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Machines , got to love them! There are so many pretty machines to play with , I would not no where to start.

Sweet pick up and an awesome jeep.! :)

12. Rick1967

Hey Dango, what it that pic in your avatar? That looks like it could be a project if you are looking for one.

13. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

That one should buff right out no problem :D