Current Ammo Pricing at Cheaper then Dirt

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Daoust_Nat, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I was out on the net today looking around to see if there was any 9 mm out there. I went on Brownell's. Midway and a couple others to see what was there.

Cheaper then Dirt had some 9 mm. They had 50 round boxes of Tul Ammo. The steel jacketed rounds. They wanted $69.59 for a box of 50. I bought some two weeks ago at Wal Mart for $9.97 for a box of 50.

If that is not price gouging, I don't know what is.

2. off duty

off duty New Member

They pulled the same thing during the '08 election. "LOWER THAN DIRT"
    ON MY BLACKLIST.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Up to their same old tricks. They have got to be one of the most unscrupulous retailers EVER!

4. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Cheaper-Than-Dirt, a business I once did lots of transaction with, will no longer see a dime from me. What they have done and still are doing during critical times for us will come back to haunt them (financially)!!!

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Don't we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 CTD bashing threads? I agree, and I think we all pretty much hate the bastards, but do we really need a new thread everytime someone gets mad at them?

6. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

^ Exactly. I started one of them a week ago I think.

THEY ARE LOWER THAN DIRT. I ripped their management a new one in a email, and they actually responded. Told them dont ever ship a catalogue to my door again

7. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Cheaper Than Dirt ripping people off? Oh please, say it ain't so......:p

8. AR10

AR10 New Member

I have money in my pocket, do you guys? Good, money is a good thing. Great prices on stuff, like ammo, at a Wal-Mart price helps keep the pockets full of cash. We all agree on that.

However.......

Sometimes, you just have to have something, screw the price. On the day you HAVE TO GET 9mm ammo, or 10mm ammo, would you waste your time at Wal-Mart? It would most likely be a waste of time.

Retailers with stock, because they are not giving it away, have a place, and some of us realize that.

Sure, shop low if you can, but for the times you just have to have something, thank goodness there are other retailers that cater to the that need.

I use ammoseek and CTD is usually close to the top of the search for 10mm and sometimes the best price.

You CTD haters are in need of a stiff drink. Lol

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

And if you think CTD has anything even approaching a somewhat reasonable price, even in comparison to others, you need a good stiff kick in your ***. It's called "putting down the remote and getting off the couch".

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have done business with CTD in the past. with they way they tend to bend to the desires of the anti-gunners and then switch positions when the heat is on, and then with their current ammo pricing, i can say i will spend my elsewhere.

my LGS has only raised the cost of his ammo to reflect the difference it's costing him. sure i have to drive close to 40 miles, but i can at least still get ammo at a decent price. i much prefer buying from people with integrity and helping them stay in business.

11. StainlessSteel215

Same here Axxe. Mine has gone from $7.95 for a 20rd box of PMB Bronze .223 FMJ up to $10.95

That is absolutely fair, and they could even charge slightly more and Im sure people would gladly pay.

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

six months ago i was paying $23 for Remington 525 bulk box and now it costs $29. i still consider that reasonable and fair.

13. StainlessSteel215

Because LOGICAL business owners understand you can still charge enough to cover your costs and not get greedy. Greed loses customers, you hear me CHEAPER THAN DIRT?

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Mine went from $40 per 100 roundS of WWB .45, to now $47. I can totally live with that.

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

CTD temporarily took semi autos of their shelves in an attempt to please the anti gunners. They gouged their prices on ammo, mags, and other parts in order to make more money during this situation. Others DID NOT. You can still find ammo, mags, ect elsewhere for a low price. Don't do business with someone who care more about making money, than their customers. Plus, any saving you MIGHT have gotten are neglected by their overpriced shipping.

You want 10mm ammo?

Here.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/bro...cone-full-metal-jacket-1050-rdbx-p-96775.html

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/fed...e10a-full-metal-jacket-1030-rdbx-p-72021.html

http://www.luckygunner.com/handgun/10mm-ammo

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/pistol-ammo-10mm-ammo.aspx?c=95&s=940

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-30...ra-shok-jacketed-hollow-point-ammunition.aspx

16. Charger Fan

Charger Fan New Member

For any reloaders, I recommend Grafs; http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/551
    I haven't been paying super close attention to their prices in the past few weeks, but so far I haven't seen them trying to take advantage by price gouging. I have used these guys for a few years now & they have always treated me well.

17. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

It’s called capitalism. You charge as much as people are wiling to pay. Obviously people are paying these prices. Maybe we should go after the idiots that are paying this high price and not just blame it all on the big companies. If people are no longer willing to pay these high prices they will have to drop their prices.

Now with that said yes I do believe that they are gouging BUT they are doing it because people are letting them and are still buying from them. I am making sure that any friends and family are not overpaying for ammo or any other gun related purchases. I even gave a few boxes of my dwindling supply to a close friend that had none so that he would not buy this overpriced crap. Maybe if everyone here did this enough people would stop buying at this high price.

Sorry for the rant Im just getting sick of seeing this type of thread and I do admit that I did start one like this awhile back either on here or another forum.

18. Charger Fan

Charger Fan New Member

Couldn't agree more. And with that, I may add "buyer beware" to the mix.

I personally have enough ammo on hand to feel fairly comfortable, nothing in the zombie mindset of the 10's of thousands of rounds, but enough to where I feel that my family & I can defend ourselves for a period of time with ease. Personally, I am biding my time for hopefully 20 months or less...until more rational markets prevail, then I'm gonna POUNCE! :)

19. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Cheeper than "Platinum"...........sort-a..? :confused: