Curious about the fees of class 3

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by BirddogCrazyFirearms, Aug 15, 2017.

1. BirddogCrazyFirearms

BirddogCrazyFirearms New Member

Hey all, I have my ffl 01 license already,but if I read my info correctly, I would pay $500 a year for a SOT Status, is this correct, and all there other fee's I am not aware off? I am asking for because I have lots of people asking me if I would get into suppressors, Many of my customers are law enforcement, firefighters, and so forth, and recently I made friendly contacts with couple of suppressor company's and thought about getting into them possible. I have a good area of operation since most dealers down in my area wont sell anything but trap/skeet guns and deer rifles.

2. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Active Member

For the correct answer, I would call your local ATF agent.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

If the suppressor company is worth anything they can fill you in on what is needed including the necessary forms. If not, find a better suppressor company. Just stay away for Tactical Innovations. They dont back their products.

4. crgjhnsn

crgjhnsn New Member

Also, if I recall correctly if you pay for the class 3 now, you'll have to pay again before July 1st. And it's not prorated from the time you get it until the time the next is due.

5. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Also, if you have a license to manufacture firearms, you have to have Itrs registration through the state department.