Curio and Relic questions

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by t-rav, May 8, 2011.

1. t-rav

t-rav New Member

Can you still get this license being on deferred judification for a misdemeanor?

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I beleive a felony would be the issue.

3. t-rav

t-rav New Member

I just am having a hard time finding any information to give me a definite answer. I would really like to get this license but I am deferred judification for a misdemeanor.

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I think the type has something to do with it as well. If it was a violent or abuse type, that would cause a problem as well I think. At least it is in VA just to buy a gun.

And while you are waiting, that is a problem too. Before or after it shouldnt be a problem as long as its not a felony and not considered a "violent" incident.

5. t-rav

t-rav New Member

Where would I go to find out the answer.

6. t-rav

t-rav New Member

From what I have read it doesn't say anything about misdemeanor charge.

7. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Which is why I said "i think" and "shouldnt" as I was not sure.

8. t-rav

t-rav New Member

Thanks for the support, It would be awesome if i could get this license. I am going to call the ATF tomorrow and find out for sure.

9. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

If it is an assault charge, forget about it.

10. t-rav

t-rav New Member

It is a non violent crime,

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Fill out the app, include your $30 and send it in.

If you get the 03, no it isn't an issue.

Personally, I don't think the government computer database is large enough to hold all the felons much less the 100 x more misdemeanors.

I'm just sayin'.

12. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

If you can legally own a gun I wouldn't think it would matter. If you can't then forget about it.

13. t-rav

t-rav New Member

I have legally bought guns while on probation and built 3 ARs so far so wouldn't think this should be an issue, but you never know with the government. I just want to expand my collection of relic firearms.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  14. t-rav

t-rav New Member

I have one final question prior to the submission of my curio and relic license paperwork.

If the C&R license the same at normal FFL in the sense that if you get denied you cant apply again?? I would really like to know this before I take the plunge and turn in the paperwork.

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

No such restriction exists. For ANY FFL. There ARE misdemeanors that make possession of a firearm illegal- domestic violence, and being an unlawful user of controlled drugs. If I have an indictment, I cannot get a FFL while that is "up in the air". Once resolved, that impairment goes away.

As the man said, if it is legal for you to purchase a firearm, you qualify for a FFL.

As far as firearms and probation, will depend on terms of your probation.

Now, not to be hurtful, but to be blunt- when you apply for a FFL, you are required to send a copy of the app to your local Chief Law Enforcement Officer. IF you are a dumbass that gets into trouble every time you turn around, and the bailiff at court knows your name by heart, the CLEO has the right to let the BATFE know that. Traffic tickets? No biggy. You been in court for receiving stolen property, bad checks, contributing to delinquency, theft, etc- do not expect a happy outcome.

16. t-rav

t-rav New Member

Thanks for the help.

17. adjusterr

adjusterr New Member

curio and Relic

T-Rav: Just read your post, in case your question has not been answered, I have the forms in front of me. instructions listed under items 12 & 13; sub: 2, "You may answer NO if (a) you have been pardoned for the crime or (b) the conviction has been expunged or set aside or (c)your civil rights have been restored AND you are not prohibited from possessing or receiving any firearms under the law where the conviction occurred. If your issue was "set aside", you are permitted to answer NO on your application. Good luck.