Curbside garbage can alert burglars to what's new to steal

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by WillWork4Ammo, Dec 26, 2013.

1. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  2. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Strip the boxes of name and addresses, rip the boxes into many pieces. Remove serial number and other information from those boxes, i.e. TV, DVD player, rifle box, just a few examples.

If I have large box, it is getting cut down in squares!

3. KingGlamis

KingGlamis New Member

Cardboard belongs in the fireplace.

4. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

The large boxes make for a real nice target holder after Christmas. Matter of fact, I love to use the big boxes, blow a bunch of holes in it and then toss it. Maybe that tells a thief that we have guns but then again do they want to risk no one is home to break in? Plus we have a combined 120+ of really mad dogs if someone comes in uninvited.

5. unclebear

unclebear New Member

We usually just put all the xmas trash in a pike out back and burn it kinda a family thing keep you warm while your talking and playing with what evet you got we dont burn plastic though l.

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

When I lived in Louisiana decades ago before joining the Air Force, he had a burn barrel and a nice fire pit. We would burn what was burnable, cans too! Later, shoot the cans!

Best thing about the fire pit, it kept the blood suckers at bay!

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I always put boxes that may show I got a new electronic in the community recycle bin down by the high school. I never put anything at the curb that might show what's in my house.

8. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Go slowly. I've seen too many chimney fires start this way.

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My buddy did this exact same thing 4 years ago when he bought his house . He got a 40" TV from his mom as a house warming gift and guess what , they got his TV, Computer, Guns , Game system , basically anything of value . They must have watched him leave for work and had all day to clean house . He got none of it back . I highly recommend either taking your broken down boxes to a recycle center or burning them if you can .

10. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

We always cut up the boxes in smaller pieces to put inside our recycling can. I usually do this inside the garage and pull the recycling can in there too.

11. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

Pretty sad that hard working folks can't even throw their trash away without fearing the scumbags will rob them.

12. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I take my name and address off and put the boxes in the neighbor's trash can (the neighbor who thinks guns should be outlawed.)

13. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Very good tip this time of year. Watch what kind of small items you put in your garbage bags also. Prescription receipts/empty bottles, anything with a bank account number on it, etc. Destroy the info before you toss it.

14. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

You could always put the bodies of the last burglars in the trash as a warning to the present would be burglars. :p:p

15. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

That's awesome! May be worth the drive to my Exhusbands house. Oh wait that is not nice! :cool: