Crossbreed

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by RealWinner, Jan 14, 2010.

1. RealWinner

RealWinner New Member

I am new to concealed carry and a friend suggested I try the Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB. (Crossbreed Holsters > Home). I got the horse hide version to carry my G19. I am nothing but pleased with it, and if gets more comfortable every time I wear it. I am 6'1" and 195 lbs. I wear it just forward of my right hip but not quite over the appendix. It is comfortable sitting as well.

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Great choice. I got mine in cow a few months back for my full size 1911. The best holster Ive used so far. FWIW---Gate

3. RealWinner

RealWinner New Member

Gate, agreed. The horse is stiffer than the cow, but as I wear it, it conforms to a comfortable shape and retains the shape. My friend suggested adding mole skin to the inside for added comfort, but I feel this is unnecessary.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I've heard great reviews about their product and I'm too lazy to go make my own. We are virtually the same size and I think it will work well for me too.

+1 for the moleskin.

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've got one and I absolutely love it! I got mine in horse as the horse is more resistant to sweat. It doesn't take long to form to your body, maybe a week of wear but it's comfortable from the get go. I can hide my Kimber Pro Carry in shorts and a t shirt.

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

7. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

You "done good" my friend. I have been wearing one for my XD-40 for over a year now, and I have another for my HK Compact -40. The horsehide is preferred in high humidity locales, but you can't go wrong with either.

8. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

To add another thought....the SuperTuck Deluxe is adjustable in height and cant, so, it may take some trial and error on your part to find the "sweet spot" for your particular body frame, but I'm able to carry sitting, standing, driving, etc., and I barely know I have it on.

BTW, a quality gun belt is essential.

9. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Quoted for truth!
    Made a couple adjustments before I found the "sweet spot" Took about 30min of trial and error.
    A few posters here told me a good gun belt can make even a cheap holster work but the best holster wont be $hit with a cheap belt.
    I took their advice and now I don't know how I made it so long without a quality gun belt!----Gate

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I love my super tuck!

It's the only holster I have found that allows me to carry my government here in South Florida.

A GREAT, UGLY holster designed in the K.I.S.S. school of holster building.

11. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

You guys raving about these Crossbreed, I'll have to check them out.
    I was content with my Galco "Summer Comfort" holster, but I'm beginning to think I missed something. :(

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

That's the same reason I bought one.

Guess what, oh never mind, I think you will figure it out!

13. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

I think I better move on this fast. :)

14. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

uhhh....I don't get it.....what am I missing?

15. spittinfire

I dont know but your av is missing some PANTS!!

16. spittinfire

Spoken for truth.

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Well, even ultra-cool Mr. SEAN CONNERY makes a bad decision now and then!

18. MB44

MB44 New Member

He sure does,.. do you remember the bathing robe he wore in Goldfinger,...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRNZnaX1IuQ]YouTube - james bond goldfinger[/ame]

19. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

CrossBreed gives you a couple of weeks to decide whether you like the holster or not, and, if not, you get your money back.

If you're an NRA member (and I would hope that you are...), provide your membership number when you order and you'll get a 10% discount.

They are a straight-up company and provide great customer support - and NO, I am not affiliated in any way with them!:)

20. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

LOL! And is that her spotting scope?