Crossbreed or comptac minautor

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by philbou, Nov 23, 2013.

1. philbou

philbou New Member

I don't know which one to pic for XD 4"

2. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

Out of the two I would vote crossbreed.

However, I like the Foxx Hybrid myself

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

There no comparing the to holsters. Crossbreed is the run of the mill iwb hybrid . The comp-tac minotaur is by far a better holster that has soft glove leather agaist your skin, is more adjustable and you can change the holsters body for a different handgun . That's coming from one that had a breed and owns a minotaur. The minotaur is designed for front side carry , if you want rear side that's the MTAC. The more basic is the Spartan.

A better choice for a breed type holster would be a Old Faithfull holster kit you simply screw together for 40 bucks. Body is tension adjustable and changeable. Just buy comp-tac adjusters if you need more adjustment.

4. bbertram

bbertram New Member

I vote Crossbreed. I have several Crossbreed holsters and 2 Minotaurs. The minotaurs are very well made and finished but don't have as long a length, so the don't "spread the weight" like a Crossbreed does. I prefer Theis, Old Faithful, Shepherd Leather to the Comp-tac's, for the same reason. I have a MTAC for an XD 45 Service/Compact, Right Hand shooter, with C-mounts that I'll be happy to sell you, cheap. It'll probably work for you.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Thank god we have choices as the width is why I hate the breed so much. Even with the old faithfull I bought a couple for my kids as lower cost alternatives to get started with and ended up having to narrow up both of them . Since then both have gone to all leather iwb with belt loops.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013