Crossbow thread

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Sgt_Skrb_25, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I was in the market for a crossbow. I narrowed it down to the Barnett Ghost 410. Does anyone have one of these that could do a review on it?
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1406690137.117746.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I have an older Barnett that is similar, but it's currently up for Sale since my back is so bad I can't pull a 150 lb cocking device anymore. I have an MTec 85 Lb pistol Crossbow now. I can "Cock" it by sitting and pulling it across my thigh. What is the Draw on yours? My Barnett is 150,...when I was in better Health I did once hit a Giant rabid Coon( upstate NY) at about 40 Yds with it. Has a 3 dot Red dot on it,...the MTec is perfect for vermin and Varmints we get here. Anything bigger gets either a 12 or 20 Ga. Slug.

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014

3. DrFootball

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1406691858.049089.jpg

MTec Pistol Crossbow and 15 Bolts. 2 are already accidentally broken . One hit a wall and missed the Target and the other is stuck in my Metal Cactus sculpture.

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

4. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

It's a 185 pull. 410fps. But I'm 6,2" 240, no issues puling it back. I don't have it yet but tried a friends.

5. DrFootball

Nice Sgt. Good luck with it. Do you know which points your going to get yet? I have these "Mini razor" 2 bladed Double edged that I found out fit on the Pistol as well. Too bad my BowMags don't. I have only shot them 2X, still have 4 left but I think they are too heavy for the Smaller Bow. I tried one with one of the "Aiming Points" to practice with and it looked like a shell Drooping at 230 FPS,...the BowMag Takes a 38 or 357 round inside a sabo Fired by your arrow and fires on contact with the target,.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

6. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

It's made to shoot 22" boots at 400 grains. I've watched videos that show guys grouping at a 100 yards, and guys hitting center mass at 140 yards. I can't wait

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Dango has a crossbow for sale in the classifieds.

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Don,t know too much about that model but , own the Jaguar . They are not the best but for the price , they are fun . Keep a lot of bow wax on hand cause seems to me , Barnett,s eat strings of you don't wax about every ten shots or so.

Other than that , I like mine just fine . Be safe and have fun ! :D

9. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

Tac 15 if you got the $ and don't mind the weight.

10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I love shooting my Horton Vision 175. I'm still pissed off at the big wig of Ten Point for buying Horton,and then closing the doors of the company. Ten Point really screwed over all of the owners of Horton products,since they will not service or honor any warranty work on Horton products,and if we break anything,we're just screwed!

Barnett makes some good crossbows,but they all seem like you're carrying a boat anchor. They are all heavy as hell in their lineup.

11. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

The one I'm looking at is 7.5 lbs . Carbon riser and carbon parts, aluminum tail

12. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

Tenpoint guy said he'd resurrect Horton when he bought them. Dude's word is good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  13. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

That's good news as long as they will keep helping the past Horton customers,and from what they have said in the past,that will be a wild guess.

14. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

It'd be nice if he continued the warranty, but he has no obligation to do so, and IMHO if he chooses not to, that doesn't make him a bad guy.

15. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Well , I still have that Jaguar . I thought I could remedy my handicap with a gadget . Didn't work out so convieniate , it's just too much too carry in a hunting scenario .

Best offer can have it . It's only been fired twice , still virtually brand new . Just PM me . I have $470 in it but will let it go for $250 + shipping .

Attached Files: