Crossbow Advice needed PLEASe!

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by jsr5, Mar 24, 2015.

1. jsr5

jsr5 New Member

OK I"m selling my old Barnett Commando Crossbow so I can buy a better for hunting deer crossbow. Tentatively I have decided on a Barnett recruit but other than having owned one in the box for 20 years I have zero experience with using buying etc a crossbow. soooooooo
    With $375 or so being the budget. And the end bow needing to have a crank type cocking device (my back and shoulders are totally shot) and figuring a dozen bolts (I have some broadheads 125gr I think will work) and end use of deer hunting I already have a nikon xr crossbow scope so no need for that out of the budget. Suggestions opinions tips tricks etc etc please.

2. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Can't help you in that $$ range...
    Just ordered my first crossbow-Barnett Ghost 410...
    Happy to provide a review once received, though.
    Should be on the porch by this Friday.

3. snakeoil

snakeoil Member

Get a reverses Limb cross bow...you want regret it...I have the old Horton, but there are out of business..

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I am no crossbow expert but am interested in the thread. Are you after the compound or recurve in the recruit? The compound sells for $250 and the recurve is $175 on Amazon.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  5. jsr5

jsr5 New Member

Compound looking for the speed and range increase. And that price is also one of the reasons the recruit is what I"m looking at right now. I like the idea of the revers limbed bows but all I've looked at were so much more pricey for some reason I understand r and d costs but you know ythere wasn't any it was jus tthe two dumbest guys in the shop playing around and they accidentally hit on a cool idea :p