Croney Capitalists...Wal Mart?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Tackleberry1, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

So...the nations largest retailer has been brow beaten into attending meetings with Uncle Joe at the White House to discuss the industries side of curbing gun violence.

The administration believes the nations largest seller of guns would support the banning of private sales because it might send more customers to retailer FFL Dealers.

For many years I've been advocating the support of small, independent FFL's for EXACTLY this reason. Government pressure has already driven 2 former national leaders out of the gun business...by choice...because Sears and K Mart chose to buckle rather than risk offending a vocal minority.

Now, Wal Mart did not get to there position by being stupid and the've show BIG BALLS in telling the Government to pack sand in regard to Union threats.

My hope is that Wal Mart executives are aware of what happened to Tompkins Limited, the former owners of Smith and Wesson, when that firm crossed the industry and agreed to follow a set of regulations that Clinton could not get through congress. Long story short...every wholesaler in the country droped there S&W orders, the company hit the skids, and was sold shortly after for pennies on the dollar to Safe T Lock, a Texas bases gun lock manufacturer putting this cherished American brand back in American Hands and the agreement signed by Thompkins was rendered null and void by John Ashcroft, Bush's 1st Attorney General.

Manufacturers and Wholesalers need to put Wal Mart on notice that ANY capitulation to the POTUS will result in EMPTY gun cabinets and EMPTY ammo lockers.

Wal Marts choice needs to be to either back sportsman OR leave the gun and ammo business...and we need to ensure that IF they choose poorly...we force it to be the latter!

Tack

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Personally...I already refuse to buy long guns from Wal Mart because there selection sucks and they do not sell handgun...FOOG of course.

Tack

3. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Went to my local wal mart awhile back.
    Bought a micro wave.
    AND,
    Went to the ammo locker.
    Very poor selection.
    Either sold out,
    or sold out and not re ordering.
    Finally got a salesman to come over and take care the people waiting.
    Got two boxes,
    that guy was really in a bad mood,
    maybe having to deal with that evil stuff??
    Got my two boxes,
    he locked the cabinet.
    rang up my order.
    then went to the next guy waiting.
    I asked if they still sold firearms,
    got a "NO"
    What the hell,
    rather buy at Turners anyway.

4. Hollander

Hollander New Member

Over the last five years I have bought 99% of my ammo at WalMart. That would be many thousands of rounds. I guess it is time to quit and also spread the word to my friends. Adios Wally Mart. May your sales and profits tumble.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I do think Wallyworld is one of the few businesses with the muscle to hold their own with Biden and Odumbass. Heck, Wallyworld could probably buy them both and be selling cheap chinese-made knockoffs of them by the end of the month.

I don't remember buying a firearm at Wally's, but i do buy a good bit of my ammo there. I haven't had much trouble with their policies or attitude at my local store. Their stocks were pretty low last week though, but there was a worker there (after 9pm) to ask what i needed and tell me they were out until their next shipment.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I'd hold that decision until we see who they stand with today.

Tack

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Special ordered by Remington 700 VTR .223 model from Walmart a few years ago.

We have some Walmarts in the city sell no firearms, ammo and/or accessories. We also have 1 Walmart in Rio Rancho that sells ammo and accessories; but, no firearms.

I just hope Walmart stands it ground and says we will not give in.

If another has any news, please post it on what went on in the White House today.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It is hard to predict what Wal Mart will do. At one point our local Walmarts got out of the firearms business. Then they started selling basic ammo and long guns maybe 10 years ago. They have never returned to the glory days when they were well stocked with decent ammo and high end firearms.

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh well. The union liberals and conspiracy types out to trash Wal-Mart again. So what's new??/

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I'm neither Union nor interested in trashing Wal Mart. I'm hoping they understand the Smith & Wesson story and do not fall into the same trap simply to avoid upsetting the Obambies...most of who could not afford to shop anywhere else anyway...;)

Tack

11. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Wal Mart would not miss my business - I don't go there for any reason. I hate just about everything about that place

Closing the so-called "gun show loophole" is going to happen. You can see it coming from a mile away. 10 round max magazines are on the way too I'm afraid. I believe the anti gunners have the political clout to get that done at this moment in time. For Wal Mart, all this is about is making sure they "make the right move" so as to maximize their sales. As one of the worlds largest publicly held corporations, they owe that to their stockholders. The board of directors at Wal Mart will always be more concerned about shareholder value than they will be about a very small percentage of their overall product offering. Yet, they continue to sell cigarettes.......go figure!

12. Bigcountry02

Walmart will not meet with Biden; but, will be meeting with holder.

Wal-Mart Won't Be Attending Biden Meeting on Gun Violence -CNBC

http://www.automatedtrader.net/real...attending-biden-meeting-on-gun-violence-_cnbc

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) representatives will not be attending a White House meeting on curbing gun violence Thursday headed by Vice President Joe Biden, CNBC reported.

Wal-Mart will participate in a gun violence meeting chaired by Attorney General Eric Holder at the Eisenhower executive office building, CNBC said.

Wednesday, a Wal-Mart spokesperson had said the company would be attending the White House meetings.

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

I'll be really interested to see what Walmart has to say on the issue. Walmart can make or break the next election if this hurts their bottom line.

14. Bigcountry02

I wish we had a bug in that office!

15. vincent

vincent New Member

The local news reported that WM did in fact meet with Biden and the NRA today...if I can find a CREDIBLE source, I'll link it...

16. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Maybe we should all write a letter to Wal-Mart and tell them if they back the POTUS we will boycott them.

Start a petition or something...

They will not stand to lose money.

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

If Wal Mart is not familiar with the Clinton/Smith and Wesson saga...they will be when they make the wrong choice.

Personally, I'd like to see them get out of gun sales all together. We don't need national retailers driving private FFL's out of the market.

Imaging the SIZE of the bricks we'd all be ****ting right now if Wal Mart was the only gun store we had left...:eek:

Tack

18. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Here here! Not only that but many small businesses struggle to deal with WMrt's stranglehold on the uninformed consumer

19. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Turners is the best. I'm stoked they just opened one in Oxnard, now I don't have to go all the way out to Reseda (plus no ban on Saturday night specials in Ventura county).

20. orangello

orangello New Member

The mechanics of this is what confounds me. Without registration of every single firearm in private hands, they can't close their loophole, and i seeeeeeriously doubt all firearms will get registered. I know of a few that won't, because my name never got on them.